Search results

1. dacooley

it took almost 2 years, but the 75G reef is UP!!!

Thanks! Will get bunches more pics up tonight
  2. dacooley

My wife says with the amount of time and effort I have into it, we should probably get rid of the TV and stare at the tank for a couple years LOL Though she did name the large Chromis "Gus O'Doul"
  3. dacooley

and here is right after I redid the rocks...
  4. dacooley

this was before I re-arranged all the rocks and went to the CPR overflow...
  5. dacooley

Gotta organize them... Will probably get them up tonight or tomorrow morning... LOTS to cull through
  6. dacooley

Hi All, Well, after a few months of financial roughness, selling off some stuff, buying up other stuff off craigslist, I now have the 75G reef up. Equipment changed during the last 3 months, so here is where I now stand! 75G aqueon tank and stand Home built canopy 4x65W PC (2 actinic, 2...
  7. dacooley

Hi All, I'm back LOL

:dummy: oops... Pics will go to the reef tank section LOL
  8. dacooley

Hi All, I'm back LOL

Hi All, Well, after a few months of financial roughness, selling off some stuff, buying up other stuff off craigslist, I now have the 75G reef up. Equipment changed during the last 3 months, so here is where I now stand! 75G aqueon tank and stand Home built canopy 4x65W PC (2 actinic, 2...
  9. dacooley

Increasing Flow Rate

Another idea is to make a Y out of the pump keeping the plumbing size still big, with a ball valve to adjust flow in one arm. put the UV in one and the chiller in the other (UV should be able to be throttled back) UV may say it handles up to 1000GPH, but look at the specs... It probably has 2...
  10. dacooley

Asm1

if yours has the 3500, then you have the G3... G1 older models came with a Sedra 2500, and the newer came with a G-500 pump. differences are in diameter, height and pump used.
  11. dacooley

Eshopps Reef Sumps

I have the eshopps RS-100 sump... picked it up in near new condition for 25 bucks... Works great!
  12. dacooley

asm g1 crazy microbubble problem.

I was having a similar issue, and slid the foam sleeve up the outlet so it was about 2" higher than the end of the tube... Bubbles are gone. My sump is similar to yours... also, is yours the eshopps sump? right after the first chamber the baffle has a lip on the bottom... There is a big sponge...
  13. dacooley

best overflow box

I started with an eshopps PF-800... with a rio 1700 return, it was sucking my sump dry. Return is thru 1" PVC, figures out to roughly 350-400 GPH at the tank... eshopps could not keep up. went to a larger U tube (1 1/4") every 2 days or so it would develop a bubble that would slow the siphon...
  14. dacooley

best overflow box

you do know you can buy the internal assy for the pump and replace it for about 7 bucks...
  15. dacooley

overflow,return pump

Wish I would have seen this sooner... I started out with the PF-800 overflow on my 75G reef with a 20G sump... Using a Rio+ 1700 return (Rated 642 GPH) I was sucking my sump dry within an hour... it couldn't keep up. I went to a bigger U-Tube (1 1/4") and it barely kept up, but the larger...
  16. dacooley

Hi All, I'm back LOL

LOL... it's a prehistoric catfish!
  17. dacooley

Via-Aqua 750 pro cannister filter

Looking to trade the Via-Aqua 750 for a return pump. Need something sized to my 75 gallon tank. Thanks
  18. dacooley

Need skimmer for 75 Gal tank

I have an ASM G3 skimmer with Sedra 5000 pump. I need a skimmer a little shorter, like around 18" tall... It's for a 75 gallon, so a G1 or similar would work. Willing to trade for the G3 and Pump, and also the Rainbow Lifegard FB 600 fluidized bed filter with 6 pounds of media. Thanks