Search results

1. G

Major Catastrophre! RSM 130

Hello All, I was traveling on business this week and got a frantic call from wife Wed night. My 20 month old RSM had cracked and was spewing water all over the floor. Luckily my local aquarium guy is a friend of mine and he rushed over and was able to save my animals, corals, and live...
  2. G

Running Chemi-pure Elite in RSM (CPE)

Terry, Are you saying to run a bag of charcoal in the media rack for 4-6 weeks and also the CPE for 3 months would be best? Still learning here so pardon the basic questions.
  3. G

Debris/Rear Chamber Changes?

I just installed the In Tank media rack in my tank last week. I had trouble getting it to fit with the adjustable skimmer inlet. I ended up putting the original skimmer inlet back in order to get the In Tank media rack in. Did anyone else have any issues with the adjustable skimmer...
  4. G

RedSea Max/ Euroreef Skimmer Page

Robert, Thanks for the quick response - it is perfect timimg as I am just dropping the skimmer into the tank! I really appreciate your offer for further help via your e-mail. Great Customer Service!!!! Dave
  5. G

RedSea Max/ Euroreef Skimmer Page

Hi Everyone, Big weekend for me! I am converting my 100% stock RSM 130 over to use my new E-R skimmer and SteveT media rack. My first question on the skimmer is the adjustment of the lever on the bottom that covers the different size holes. Can anyone advise where to set the hole...
  6. G

Dave's "New" RSM 130 Thread

Hi, I placed an order for a Euro Skimmer and an inTank media tray last week and have not gotten a shipping confirmation from either company. Is this normal? I was hoping to get the products this weekend but am not so sure now. Thanks! Dave
  7. G

Terry and Glenn - THANKS! You guys are awesome - great help. Can't wait to see how it comes out. Best, Dave
  8. G

Hi All, Tomorrow I am getting the following corals: 1) Stylophora 2) Blue Xenia - Anethellia 3) Platygyra 4) Discosoma Mushroom Rock Any suggestions, dos and donts, etc on where to put these babies? Thanks, Dave P.S. Is there a thread you can point me to to put my signature...
  9. G

Chris, Thanks for the help on the LFS. I know this shop very well - they are 5 mins from my house and have an excellent staff. Unfortunatley the corals they get aren't the best selection. Only complaint I have - everything else is top notch. Very kind of you to offer helping me if I am...
  10. G

New Red Sea Max

Terry, I often wondered why Red Sea makes the user install this fan? I didn't recall seeing anything in the User Manual about this third fan - it is quite confusing for the newbie!
  11. G

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. Looking forward to posting my experiences as there is going to be a lot of activity in the next month. Chris B - great to know I have a fellow reefer so close by! Maybe you can give me some advice on a LFS in the area. I am looking to find a good...
  12. G

Happy New Year!!! Really excited about my first thread.......I have spent a great deal of time reading the RSM Owners Club forum this week and am anazed at the knowledge and expertise that is found here....... I am posting pictures of my RSM 130 and starting this thread as my tank is about...
  13. Daves RSM130

Daves RSM130

14. Daves RSM130

Daves RSM130

15. Daves RSM130

Daves RSM130

16. G

When to add Chemi Pure Elite ?

Terry and Glen, Thanks for your advice! In between football games today I will take some pics and get a thread going on my tank. Can you guys point me to a good thread on the media rack? Looking to find out what all I need to buy and how to set it up. Thanks! Dave
  17. G

When to add Chemi Pure Elite ?

My name is Dave and I have a RSM 130 which I started new in Sept 2008. I joined this forum at that time but have had no time to stay current and do any posts. I travel extensively on my job and do my work on the RSM on the weekends. Anyway, I have had the last two weeks off for the holidays...
  18. G

Greetings and Happy New Year

Hi new reefer 03, Thanks for the comeback.
  19. G

Greetings and Happy New Year

Hi Everyone, I am fairly new to the hobby having started in July 2008 with an 80 gal planted freshwater tank. I am now officially hooked and started a new RSM tank in late Sept 2008. I have a great LFS where I live and they have been excellent to get me into the hobby. I am now starting...