Search results

1. waterdawg413

What do you attach frags to?

glass plugs
  2. waterdawg413

Apple candy zoas

I know pro corals has them available at the moment, I have bought corals from them before with no problems, I have also bought from vivid aquariums with no problems either.
  3. waterdawg413

kissing chromis

could also be just a dominance thing, one trying to establish dominance over the other.
  4. waterdawg413

kissing chromis

fighting was the first thing that came to mind for me also, turf wars maybe? how many are in your tank?
  5. waterdawg413

Removing anemone from clowns

yes the clowns will be fine, and they will more likely end up pairing up with another host, mine hang out in my bubble coral.
  6. waterdawg413

aiptasia

Copper band butterfly may also eat them, I had one that munched all my aiptasia and would also eat mysis from my hand. I have also heard of others that have had no luck getting their CBB to eat aiptasia. The only bad thing about mine was he also cleared my tank of all the feather dusters and...
  7. waterdawg413

www.aquastyleonline

I know a couple guys that have lights from aquastyle and they are happy with them. If you dont mind going against the grain and running LEDs that arent Cree you can actually get a nice setup for a fraction of the price. I also like the fact that you can get the kits with the UV and red LEDs to...
  8. waterdawg413

Unorthodox ways to do things

I think the most unorthodox thing I have done is confiscated my wifes cake pan and lined it with aluminum foil then attached a 250w mogul socket to it for a makeshift reflector, it worked like a charm, wasnt very pretty but functional none the less. Needless to say my wife wasn't as happy as my...
  9. waterdawg413

Rock inquiry

I keep a 29 gal. biocube and have 34 lbs of rock in mine, almost all fiji with the exception of about 5 lbs of tonga branch.
  10. waterdawg413

anyone know what this is?

emerald crabs have been known to pick at them also, but like any other critter they are hit and miss. I had 2 of them in my tank and one ate the bubble algae while the other seemed to make his lifes mission to decimate all the coraline algae on my rocks.
  11. waterdawg413

decision to make help please

i would try to save the little guy if possible
  12. waterdawg413

red sea max 130d

:wave: WELCOME Yes i would use the skimmer.
  13. waterdawg413

Snowflake Eel Eating Other Fish - HELP!

eels are predators, they naturally feed on fish IMO its just an eel doing what eels do. Some species are more aggressive than others and even some individuals may be more aggressive than others in the same species. I would say take it back to where it was purchased and ask for credit towards...
  14. waterdawg413

lighting

a pretty quick answer for you, if all you are keeping is fowlr then the lights you have should be fine, however if you are wanting to grow corals then you will need better lights. The watt per gallon is only a rough estimate, it actually depends on how much PAR is reaching your corals.
  15. waterdawg413

Canopy or no canopy? Please vote!

well, I'm not a big fan of canopies, topless and barebottom all the way....but in this case the tank looks better with the canopy, makes it stand out more and draws your attention to the tank. So I'm going to vote to leave the canopy on.
  16. waterdawg413

Lets build a tank

ecotech radion lights or the vertex illumina 260 both look freakin awesome
  17. waterdawg413

Mugshot thread!

those were lights if i remember correctly, that pic was taken at sadddams old parade grounds by the cross swords. That is actually from a couple years ago, im currently playing in the other sandbox at the moment. About halfway through this deployment and looking forward to getting home and...
  18. waterdawg413

A Picture A Day......

one of a dendro frag i got from online, i love these guys.
  19. waterdawg413

calculating how much sand to buy

I think someone forgot to account for the amount of sand that will be used up by the flux capacitor due to the lack of molecular bonding commonly associated with this kind of sand...hang on and i will calculate for you. Yep 2 bags should about cover it. :thumber:
  20. waterdawg413

Selecting an accurate Hydrometer

the only accurate hydrometer that i know of is called a refractometer