Search results

1. C

To much flow?

Alright i bought two hydor koralia 3's and put one in my 29G fwlr tank and my 2 clowns started swimming their little hearts out trying to stay in the corner of the tank that the sleep in. i tryed all sorts of positioning and cant get it to where it wont blow my sand up/ they arent swimming in a...
  2. C

Rock and Fish questions

Okay so i got a good heap of rock from a fellow who was getting out of the hobby. They were out of the water for two weeks and were bone dry so i stuck them in some water to get rid of the algae and "cook" the rocks and oh boy did they stink when the air escaped out of the pockets in the rocks...
  3. C

Sand

hello, I added about 20lbs live sand yesterday and its clearing up a little but still cant see out the other side yet. question is do i turn off the filter and powerhead and let it settle or leave it all running? its currently off and has been for about 24 hours the tank is a 30 gal, i added...
  4. C

ph question, and a couple more...

Hello, im new to this hobby, and in the process of setting up a 30 gal saltwate tank and i have about 15 pds im cycling with right now. getting more very soon. I took my water to two stores to get tested and one said no ammonia, and there is little nitrate and nitrite, lady said about another...
  5. C

Another Newb

Hello, just started a 30 gal, thanks to this forum and the stores, been reading the forum so a week or so now, finally signed up