Search results

1. R

Bubble Algae

Hi I would like to add some information on this type of algae. My 300 gallon has gone through some changes over the past few years. I have a tank person come out 1x a week and do a 30 gallon water change. Fish load is light. About two years ago has some LFS put copper into main display...
  2. 330 gallon ATM custom 6 feet tall

330 gallon ATM custom 6 feet tall

3. 330 gallon ATM custom 6 feet tall

4. 330 gallon ATM custom 6 feet tall

5. R

Reef-Safe Ich Treatment

I think everyone would like 0 percent infected but we can't always get what we want. They do better in the ocean vs captivity let them all go so they will be taken care of properly :)
  6. R

Make a ICH freindly tank

I'll never have a large QT as its in my office and I have no room at home for one. So in my situation the QT will not work. It is also probably impossible to catch the fish in my tank. Too tall and too many places to hide. Its a 360 walk around with a reef in center. Can't remove as the...
  7. R

Reef-Safe Ich Treatment

According to Kordon the Ich Attack product is used on ponds. Maybe it does not kill it all like copper but if it inhibits the cycle to the point that fish are 2 percent infected vs a bloom situation (Dead fish) the product could be viable as a preventative measure. Would like to see 2...
  8. R

Reef-Safe Ich Treatment

I found this on the Kordon site. MODE OF ACTION The therapeutic action of Ich-Attack on protozoan and other infections is due to its binding with cytoplasmic structures within the cell of the infecting organisms. Maybe it does not kill it but simply slows it down. this is much better than...
  9. R

Make a ICH freindly tank

I read the article on marine ich facts and myths. I totally understand and agree with it. But.. getting all the people to do that only happens in fantasy land. I have a 330 gallon FO w inverts tank. If I get ich it will be next to impossible to. 1. Catch all the fish. - tank is 4...
  10. R

Starting over from scratch

You still have ICH in the tank. Don't assume its gone. Two choices. 1. Try to get rid of all the ich. 2. Make the tank ICH tolerable. Getting rid of it all means copper or hyposaline. #2 means keeping water super clean, adding UV, vitamins for slime coat etc. Its not gone.
  11. R

Tips to avoid leaks or flood in FOWLR tank

I have 5 aquariums and have had floods by various means. 1. Poorly constructed stand was not level. Caused the glass to slide (not break) away from the silicon. Made a mess. The fix, level the stand and used a thin piece of rubber door insulation strips to soak up any small pressure...
  12. Show Tank

Show Tank

Its a 330 gallon extra tall (44inch) with art reef. Made by ATM. Lights front and rear have 2 x 2 96 watt 10k and actinics o3 Little giant pumps Top fathom skimmer dry weight - 700lbs stand weight - 800lbs (arggh)
  13. Show Tank

Show Tank

Its a 330 gallon extra tall (44inch) with art reef. Made by ATM. Lights front and rear have 2 x 2 96 watt 10k and actinics o3 Little giant pumps Top fathom skimmer dry weight - 700lbs stand weight - 800lbs (arggh)
  14. Show Tank

Show Tank

15. Show Tank

Show Tank

16. R

berlin sump

I know this is a really old post but just in case. That Nuclear filter is good for 1-2 years not months. Someone sold you up the river. I have one. 1. 1 cup bleach per 5 gallon water. Let it soak. 2. Rinse off the debrie best you can 3. Let soak in RO water for a few days. Maybe...
  17. R

New

Hello all, my fist time here. I own a large 330 gal art. reef tank and hope to learn from the pros here. Thanks in advance! Bob......