Search results

1. R

Powerhead Question

When to add a powerhead, when I eventually begin to add livestock including soft corals to my tank or now (cycling with LR)? Also I only have a 155L tank so what kind should I go for? Whats the general rules when buying a powerhead?? Thanks, still learning!!
  2. R

Water Testing - What action should you take from results?

Hello, So far our results are coming back fine and our water seems very stable. What I was wondering is, what should you do (literally) if you had: High Ammonia High Nitrites High Nitrates ect.. Thanks, still learning!
  3. R

First Fill

wow i'd love to go down to the local beach and collect my water. Thats never gonna happen in London! I get my water from the LFS it's 20p a litre for sea water. We borrowed lots of containers from them, they helped us take them to the car ect..
  4. R

Hitchhiker red anemone

wow really, do you think they would actually do that for us. I'd be over the moon if they did!
  5. R

Hitchhiker red anemone

We were going to take him back because our tank is new and he won't survive in our tank, our lighting is not good enough for him either. Isn't it lovely though, such a pretty colour. It's a real shame, I really like him but I don't want him to die.
  6. R

Hitchhiker red anemone

We purchased some more LR today and then this appeared.
  7. R

Theres a Crab Living In My Live Rock - Good or Bad?

Thanks very much for all the advice, we're going to remove him today. We don't have a sump so could I take him back to my LFS?
  8. R

Yep, this is exactly what he looks like, he's picking at the rock, he seems really hungry!
  9. R

At the moment I like him, he's the only movement in my tank, I've been staring at him all day. I really truely don't want to crush him. He is a little hairy and he does have black tips..
  10. R

At the moment I like him, he's the only movement in my tank, I've been staring at him all day. I really truely don't want to crush him. He is a little hairy and he does have black tips.. Oooh dear.. But for now he can stay (can't he??)
  11. R

Hello New To Reef Sanctuary

Hello, Myself and my husband have just began to set up our marine tank. So far we have purchased: Fluval Osaka 155 Tank (155 litres or 34 gallons) Fluval 205 Filter Prizm Skimmer Red Sea Marine Lab Master Test Kit V2 Refractometer So Far we have: Added 12kg of live...
  12. R

No he's not bothering anything at all, but there's nothing to bother at the moment. It's just I read that if you see a little crab living in your live rock you should crush it?
  13. R

Firstly hello, Newbie Member! We've recently set up a new marine tank and are currently 'cycling' it. We have 4 chunks of live rock in the tank and noticed a small crab popping in and out of a hole in the rock. He's quite sweet, he does occasionally get brave and venture out but as...