Search results

1. R

verregated jawfish

just wondering if anyone out there has any experience with the verregated jawfish(may be mispelled)? i picked up a beautiful specimen from where i work, i've had it for about a week has a burrow is eating great just wondering if anyone had any info on it. couldn't find anything in the books we...
  2. R

how safe is cupramine on juv. fish?

after introduceing my baby picassos approx. 3 months old, my kole tang started to show sign of ich, now its spreading. i am in the process of cycleing my hospital tank and planned on using cupramine for treatment, is it safe for my little works of art, if not what is a safe alternative. this ich...
  3. R

how do i catch all my fish for treatment?

how do i catch fish like a lawnmower blenny that doesn't eat when i feed everybody else, what would attract him to a trap. how do i keep the shrimp and crabs from stealing all the bait. don't have a trap but i am trying to get one so i can't say i know exactly how they work, but these are...
  4. R

looken for some cheap mogul socket halide bulbs

i have the older, screw in mogal halide. trying to find the cheapest 250 watt 10k available. any suggestions are appreciated
  5. R

uploading picture help

if someone could please give me a step by step on how to upload some pictures i would really appreciate it. the ones i tried to upload said they exceeded the file size. please help me understand
  6. R

fungia plate concerns

i was adding a new coral to my reef using hold fast and not like it was the first time it happen it didn't hold fast and the the coral came tumbling down on my fungia plate. it cracked it so that a section of it can be moved, not completey broken off but able to move like the peice was hinged...
  7. R

sps wanted

looking for some cool sps with a reasonable shipping to rhode island
  8. R

jawfish and goby

i just picked up a randall goby from where i work, and he has decided to try to occupy the same burrow as my yellow headed jawfish. at first the jawfish chased him out and the goby kept lingering around the burrow, then when i was moving some shells to try to make it easier for the goby to move...
  9. R

true percs

i have two true perculas that i haven't had for very long, and today i happened to notice one of the dorsal fins on one of them isn't as prononced(not standing tall like a mohawk) like the other one. is this something i am happening to notice that isn't a problem or is that a symtom of things to...
  10. R

new skimmer question

i have a 65 gallon reef and have been having some skimmer problems as of late, which has led to a cyano outbreak. i may be losing a couple of my sps do to the crap floating aroung and getting tagled in the sps. i have rigged my skimmer( a current fission) to increase its micro bubbles by running...
  11. R

yellow headed jawfish

thankfully my jawfish throughout the nite decided to move into the exact cave i had tried to get him to go into when i introduced him last night. i woke up in the morning to find his big eyes looken at me from the cave, so i decided to feed him and he seems rather comfortable, thanks for all the...
  12. R

yellow headed jawfish

if an area in the front of the tank, in the form of a cove has a sand bed built up to six inches which tapers to an inch or two in the back cause a newly introduced jawfish to make his or her way to the front or will it stay hidden in the shallow sand?