Search results

1. K

Blue spot jawfish - brooklynella?

thanks so much for the informative post lee! i wont replace him with another fish until i upgrade. i guess my tank is a bit too crowded
  2. K

How old is your tank? When did it originally cycle? the tank cycled in dec 08. What is the size (dimensions and gallonage) of your aquarium? Does the gallonage include the volume from the sump and any refugium? 20x20x20 or 34g. its the solana. no fuge or sump. Do you use carbon, skimmer...
  3. K

thanks for the condolences everyone.
  4. K

hey lee, i've been feeding all my fishes a varied diet of omega one veggie and marine flakes, new life spectrum pellets, rods food, hikari frozen mysis, usually soaked with vitachem or or selcon. Also, i try to maintain water quality, 5g changes every week on my 34g. i feed only every...
  5. K

The Bluespot Club

ugh... about 30mins after this photo was taken, my blue spot died... does anyone know if he had brook or whether it was the blue spot disease? for a while before he got the white spots, he did have frayed fins. i thought nothing of it. sometimes he jumps at night, so i thought it might have...
  6. K

ugh... about 30mins after this photo was taken, my blue spot died... does anyone know if he had brook or whether it was the blue spot disease?
  7. K

The Bluespot Club

i noticed that my blue spot jawfish had some white patches of skin yesterday. i noticed a change in behavior because whenever i feed, he's usually the first one out looking for food. right now, he is out of his burrow. i can see white patches of skin and he is breathing rapidly. he also has a...
  8. K

i noticed that my blue spot jawfish had some white patches of skin yesterday. i noticed a change in behavior because whenever i feed, he's usually the first one out looking for food. right now, he is out of his burrow. i can see white patches of skin and he is breathing rapidly. he also has a...
  9. K

blue spot jawfish w/ cloudy eye

thanks for the responses. i looked at the eye today, it looks a bit better. i'm going to feed him again today with selcon and hopefully help him fight off whatever is wrong. i'm also making some saltwater for a water change tomorrow. i will update again tomorrow!
  10. K

blue spot jawfish w/ cloudy eye

I came back from work today to see my blue spot jawfish with a cloudy eye, just one. I'm not sure what caused this to happen overnight. I hear it may be a bacterial infection. I have a reef tank. what can i do to cure his eye? are there any reef safe medications to use? Edit: i know he likes to...
  11. K

baby onyx wont eat

he ate a bit today! the blockage is gone. i wonder what caused it...
  12. K

baby onyx wont eat

thanks so much leebca!
  13. K

baby onyx wont eat

thanks for the heads up davek. i medicated the reef tank before because I have a leopard wrasse. most people recommended i do that instead of QTing... so i thought it would be ok to do the same in this instance. also, if there was a parasite going around, i could treat the entire tank in one...
  14. K

baby onyx wont eat

thanks leebca. I just did a 5 gallon water change on a 34g tank. his stomach still seems full, but i haven't seen him eat. I tried some rod's frozen food, which all my fish go crazy for, but he paid no interest. i dosed the tank with prazi pro, thinking he may have internal parasites. if not...
  15. K

baby onyx wont eat

for some reason all of the sudden my baby onyx clownfish wont eat. ive had him for over 3 months and he's still under an inch long. he was eating pellets and cyclopeeze during this entire time. now he just nibbles on the food and spits it out. whats wrong? all the other fish in my tank are...
  16. K

The Bluespot Club

thanks so much!
  17. K

The Bluespot Club

a bit corny... but his name is Jaws, lol
  18. K

The Bluespot Club

Can I join the club? Just got my first blue spot!
  19. K

Shrunken clownfish stomach

Update: my grade A died... I dosed the QT tank water with paracide D as per the instructions. The fish was doing fine for 1.5 days, but yesterday morning, i saw him gasping on the bottom of the tank. He was breathing really hard... he died this morning. I tested the water and all...
  20. K

Shrunken clownfish stomach

I just ordered Paracide -D from here: Fish Medication - Products Catalog pg.3 Should be in tomorrow. Going to get a 5 gallon tank and a cheap sponge filter tomorrow as well. hopefully this will work!