Search results

1. BHinAK

OT:Late Night Posters

Just wondering if anyone listens to Coast to Coast AM while posting here late night? If not whats going on durning your late night forum surfing here. Being 4 hrs behind east coast time here I notice some up late members.
  2. BHinAK

ric/yuma/rooms/flordia ??

I bought the zoa colony some time ago and these mushroom/ricordias started to grow out. I think they maybe starting to look more on the line of yumas. Today a more defined central mouth with round plyops on it stand out to my eye. The large on is about the size of a quarter. Thanks for any ideas
  3. BHinAK

Friends Now

Last week I added the 2 Heni's in this picture. Mr. Cheeks did not like the idea as much as I did. More than likely a food supply fight. So now I need to think of something to do to stop the chasing. Well Mr. Cheeks hates the Kent scraper with the yellow blade I use on the glass, so I chase...
  4. BHinAK

Sps out of water Video

I came across this video that some might like about sps corals being out of water. At about 4 1/2 mins long. I have in the past week added some frags to my tank and have left them out of the water for what seemed to be a long time to me but after seeing this video I won't be in such a hurry to...
  5. BHinAK

Coral Frag Id w/pic

I have to go back and get a pic when its open, they came out blurry. This frag was upsidedown in the dark for an unknown amount of time. Its at my LFS up the road. I'll be back in 20mins. Short arms like a galaxia come out.
  6. BHinAK

Cylindrical Aquarium

Months ago someone posted a picture of this tank, just came across it on a link site I view. http://fogonazos.blogspot.com/2007/01/aquadom-worlds-largest-cylindrical.html
  7. BHinAK

Seachem test kit

I came across this test kit the other day while researching Alk and its effects on coraline growth. I currently use Salifert for Alk and Mg. I dose using Seachem Ca / Buffer / Mg so I might give just give this a try, just need to find a place that sells it...
  8. BHinAK

Trip to Seattle Aquarium

I got back from a business trip to Kirkland,WA a few hrs ago. I stayed 2 extra days just to do a LFS tour and go to the Seattle Aquarium. Heres my first pic I have about 200 to go through, not all fish stuff. It'll take some time to edit and post. Most are 480k or more. I'll update my...
  9. BHinAK

VORTEC's instock@MarineDepot

My thread on my Tunze 6060 changed to changing my order to getting a VORTEC from MarineDepot this morning. They are instock and can ship today. I was on Ecotech's website last light and they are working on a wave maker controller. I hope the ending is near to this 6 week saga...
  10. BHinAK

Payday means...

Friday was payday so off to the LFS to actually buy something instead of window shopping. I lucked out with this find. This is about 2 hrs after being in my tank. What did everyone else get today??
  11. BHinAK

Tunze Turbelle Stream Pump 6060??

Quick question, why is it not recomended to be used with a wave maker? I've had 2 on order with MarineDepot since 6/22. I was thinking of using the Red Sea Wavemaster Pro.
  12. BHinAK

Feeding the sun Pt.2

Well what timing, I just last week got a sun coral also. The story is, the lady at the LFS that had the bad water retired as of yesterday and sold me this for $42 I've done my reading about this coral over the past year but she never got any that I liked, untill this one. Its bigger that...
  13. BHinAK

Good Info for All

I came across this article while researching something and thought it would help out. The thing is 2 days ago I tested water from 2 of the lfs that I buy from. The water from the place I most of my corals from locally had a Ph of 7.45 and stunk so bad I didn't even go any futher, the temp...
  14. BHinAK

Oceanopoly Game

I was getting together my 3rd order to PacificEastAquaculture (a sponsor ) and found this game in the Theme gifts section. Thought some of you might like it. PEA-(for short) has been a GREAT vendor for me. They ship for free to me if over $200 and on my last order they gave me a free Acro...
  15. BHinAK

It looked like an Aptaisa

A few weeks ago I picked up a new mushroom rock from the lfs. I like getting stuff from this one place because stuff comes in on good sized rocks. I get there on shipment days because out of the 3 coral tanks 2 are full of green hair algea and 1 has aptaisa. 2 days after placing the rock in...
  16. BHinAK

New LPS from PacificEastAqua...

I got this last week thanks to my new long distant relationship with PacificEastAquaculture ( a sponsor). Pictures of the zoos will be next. Most have been comming out blurry. I've ordered 7 colonies so far ( 3 for a relative ) but they got a little fraged anyway.
  17. BHinAK

If crabs are evil...

What are Bubble corals? This crab was under part of 1 of my bubble corals this morning and when I reached in to move him I was shocked to see this. Are BC's that strong. I think yes since the same on just killed my new gold stripped maroon clown i just got a week ago.
  18. BHinAK

How Much !!

In the past I have found a protein skimmer for $3995 and just recently the $300 magnet glass cleaner. What other ridiculously priced items have you found. Including live stock.
  19. BHinAK

Reef News in Alaska

Heres a news article from the Anchorage Daily News. They only included 2 photos of corals in the story. Our tanks are 76 to 80+ degrees This water is about 45 to 53 http://www.adn.com/news/environment/story/7917068p-7810568c.html
  20. BHinAK

PacificEast Aqua- Great Sponsor

Just to let everyone know I received an order from PacificEast Aquaculture today. I ordered 3 Zooanthid colonies for $99.00 It was a GREAT shipment of zoos. I will post pics tomorrow when they open more, even though most opened within 1 hr. 1 colony had 40 on a 3x4 piece 1 colony had...