Search results

1. M

Red Sea Max Full Tank Shot Photos

Here is my RSM
  2. M

Question on setting up my first RSM

Reefmack, sorry to keep bothering you but what size mesh bags do you get? also do you put them back under the power heads
  3. M

when I change the carbon do I rinse the media or leave it alone, do you put the carbon back under the power head
  4. M

I think I asked this question b4, but would you take the carbon and media out from under the powerheads
  5. M

reefmack, Also the other day my aquaskape fell down when I was cleaning the glass and it sturrd up slot and had to reacape
  6. M

reefmack, Thanks for your help, one of them had a piece of rock that it was connected to it, it's about 6" by 6"
  7. M

i am having problems reading the ammonia test, it looks like a yellowish green, so i don't know if its .25 or 0, it looks closer to yellow than green but not sure, i just added 3 small corals a couple days ago and i was wondering if that will cause the color to change a little and the ammonia...
  8. M

can someone let me know if my test results are fine for my rsm 1.025 salinity, 8.4 ph, 3.0 alkilinity, 450 calcium, 1280 magnisium, 0 ammonia, 5.0 nitrate, .05 nitrite
  9. M

Welcome to the RSM club forum!

is there any software out there to track your water tests
  10. M

Skimmer question...

Reefmack, Thank for your help
  11. M

Skimmer question...

how should my power heads be facing, right now I have one strait toward and the other going to the right, should the be facing up at all or should one be facing down a little and the other be facing up a little?
  12. M

New RSM owner

Wazzifam, thanks for your help, the only thing i have in my tank is primed cured live rock and were i bought it from said the salinity of 1.022 is an ok level. That was the salinity before i bought the rock. but i think i will do little water changes every 3 or 4 days to get salinity up to...
  13. M

New RSM owner

14. M

New RSM owner

do the hydrometers usually read low, i was thinking of doing a little water change tonight, and the water i am putting in has a salinity of 1.025 its about 3 gallons i have, is that good to start.
  15. M

New RSM owner

i am using a the plastic hydrometer that came with the redsea max,
  16. M

New RSM owner

my specific gravity is 1.022, is that too low, i already have live cured rock in my tank, or should i raise it, any help would be appreciated
  17. M

New RSM owner

thanks, already learning alot from this site
  18. M

New RSM owner

alphasierra, thanks for your help, what i did was redirected the jets to be in different directions and got a steady reading all around the tank,
  19. M

New RSM owner

yes i use one of the plastic needle type,
  20. M

New RSM owner

i have another question, when i take my specific gravity, i get different readings from different parts of tank is that normal, the are from 1.019 to 1.024, it all depends on were i take the sample from, i just put my cured live rock in today would that cause any changes like that, were should...