Search results

1. V

How to Change over Everything to a new tank...

I just purchased a larger tank and want to use the live rock and all from my existing tank. How is this done? Do i setup the tank with some live rock and wait for a cycle or will it not cycle if i add all my cycled rock and water to the tank?? Confused.
  2. V

WTB Micro Stars

I need some of these stars for my refuge...Does anyone have any that they can sell...Thanks
  3. V

Metal Halide Question

I am going to buy a 400 watt ballast but want to run a 150watt bulb...Will metal halide allow you to do this...I can get a good deal on the 400watt ballast that is why i am asking...???Thanks...
  4. V

Lighting Question

I keep wrestling with this and finally want to put it to bed in 2010... My reef tank is a 55gallon bowfront....I want to add more corals and possibly a clam but i keep second guessing my lights...I would like to know once and for all if i am ok with these lights or not to add coral/clam... My...
  5. V

Milwakue PH Pen 600

I have not used this yet but it says to store the pen in water...Is this what everyone does...What do you do set it in a cup with some water up to the max line????
  6. V

Octopus Recirc SKimmer

I purchased this skimmer and it is way to much for my small tank....I was running it external and it did a good job but it is too big to fit in my stand so i guess i will let it go...The pump to supply water to the skimmer is a mag 2 pump that runs great.....I will also attach some pictures....I...
  7. V

Flow into Fuge????

Ok i have the fuge setup and now my question is how much flow should there be in the fuge....It is approx a 10 gallon fuge and the return line is just trickling out water....I am not sure how much flow is needed....With as little flow as i have i am concerned that the water will cool off....Can...
  8. V

Thinking of Fuge

I am thinking about adding a fuge to my 55 gallon bow front reef tank...I have a left over purchased sump which is atleast 10 gallons probably 15 gallons. But i still have a ton of questions.....I was going to put it aside of my sump and plumb water from the sump to the fuge and let it gravity...
  9. V

Octopus Recirc Skimmer 150

Octopus Recirc Skimmer 150 with a brand new recirc pump from my large tank i just took down. This unit works great no cracks or nonsense. $175.00
  10. V

Octopus recir skimmer dnw150

I have just got a used dnw-150 octopus recir skimmer. Unfortunatly i cannot figure out where to sit the water level to...Anyone have any information or procedure i would appreciate it greatly...Thanks
  11. V

Tank with NO Live Rock?

Is it possible to setup a tank with no live rock just some live sand and mechanical filtration. This tank is just for some inverts like snail and crabs and serpent stars....Would a tank like that go through a cycle?
  12. V

Remote Sump

Ok i currently have a 55 gallon tank with a sump underneath in the cabinet....I want to setup another tank so that i have two tanks but i want to setup one remote sump in another room probably the garage.....Is this possible and would anyone know how to plumb it. I cannot necessarily use gravity...
  13. V

Seperate Fuge and Seperate Sump.

Ok i have a question because this is all new to me...I have a 55 gallon tank with an overflow box running down to my berlin sump where i keep my skimmer and all. No additional room in the sump it is all taken up with return pump and skimmer.... Ok i want to add a rubbermaid container for a...
  14. V

Red Algae

Ok i have gotten some red algae, slime algae...currently i have reduced the lighting to 8 hours with pc lighting. Additionally i am doing small water changes daily in my 55 gallon i am doing 3 gallons a day. I have added a reactor for Rowa Plus. I clean my glass every day. My question is how...
  15. V

Vacation

Ok I am going on vacation in May for approx 7 - 8 days from my daughters wedding. I have a auto top off system so i am all set there. I have timers on my lights so again i am setup there. What can i do about feeding?? Will an auto feeder work and do the job needed. I have a few drifferent fish...
  16. V

Anemones For Clown Fish

I am looking for some type of Anemones that will not harm the reef or sting things. I am looking for something to host my clowns....Can anyone make a suggestion. Thanks
  17. V

refill di canister

I need to know how to refill my di canister. I cannot find any instructions...Not sure do you pack it or just fill it??? Your help will be appreciated it is a purwaterclub.com unit...Which by the way i would not recommend to anyone the customer service can barely speak english and has been no...
  18. V

Substrate Cleaning

I have questions about cleaning my substrate. I purchased a Eheim Sludge remover which is no more than a battery powered vacuum...Really not very powerful. when you are cleaning the substrate should you vacuum it good..I was told that you can do harm by removing too much of the good stuff...I am...
  19. V

Red Algae

Can someone Identify this algae and what to do to get rid of it. Please and Thanks
  20. V

Blue Mushroom

I purchased a small mushroom a few months ago. Well it has gotten pretty big and was wondering will this split to two or will more grow..I am trying to see what to do so i get a few mushrooms out of this one...Thanks