Search results

1. L

Who has a Solana???

Hey everyone! So I was looking at either the Solana or the drs foster smith eco cube. They are the same thing, but the drs foster smith one is OEM, so a little cheaper... Was wondering if anyone has one and could tell me a little about their experiences with it. It looks really nice, but the...
  2. L

Anemone, Shroom, or Polyp???

This little guy came out of nowhere the other day. It is actually pretty, so I was wondering if anyone could tell me what it is and if I can keep it (how?), how big it will get, is it beneficial/detrimental, what to feed it, etc...??? Thanks in advance! It doesn't look it in the...
  3. L

Flicking on Rocks!!!

Do fish ever flick on rocks for reasons other than illness? All my fish are flicking, and my anthias trio were all lining up last night to be cleaned by the shrimp (who is now exhausted). They would not leave him alone, and kept coming back for more cleaning, which I've never seen them do...
  4. L

I have a Major Problem!!!

Okay, went to feed the fish this morning and discovered I'm having a tank crisis! My 20 gallon is leaking - fast! It's coming from the bottom. There was no sign of water last night and now there is a puddle and the level in the 15 gallon sump has gone down at least 2 inches! Obviously, I...
  5. L

Really cool breeding habits of Red Jewel Cichlids!

I still have a pair of monogamous red jewel cichlids (hemichromis sp. benguii) in my 55 gallon fresh tank with a bunch of their fry. I have been breeding them for quite a while now, and they are prolific with a capitol P! After venturing into saltwater, hubby and I began converting all but one...
  6. L

OT: Our butterfly project!

A few weeks ago, my daughter and I were watching TV and there was a show where kids in a class all got caterpillars and watched them grow into butterflies. Well, she was very interested in this (she's 3 1/2), so I decided it would be a great way to teach her the basics of how life happens, and...
  7. L

MY new awesome neon hammer and some other stuff I picked up today

Okay, was at LFS, and couldn't resist this amazing hammer he had! It's got over 29 heads (that's when I lost count and got confused). The color is amazing on this guy. Here are some shots of him: Right out of the bag: In the bucket: In the tank: 30 mintues later: I...
  8. L

RO/DI problem?

Just got a new 4 stage RO/DI off e bay and it works great! 75g/d. We're in a rental and it can't be hooked into any of our faucets (fancy rental = fancy faucets), so we have it hooked to the garden hose, draining waster water into our yard and clean water into a 45g rubbermaid trash can...
  9. L

Wrasse. I know some jump, but do they dig???

I'm not sure if anything like this has ever happened to you guys before, but boy do I have a weird story for ya! Hubby and I went to the LFS yesterday after a stressful lunch encounter with the rents (my mom has a habit of totally ignoring our wishes and letting our daughter do totally...
  10. L

Hi everyone!

Hi, I just joined and wanted to introduce myself. I'm Liz, and I'm really happy to be here. This is actually the first forum I've ever joined - ever... :olsmile: My hubby and I have been keeping fish for several years now and have 6 tanks, 3 of which are salt. We've been reefin' for a...