Search results

1. HBnano

Attaching Frags To Magnets

I read an article where a guy used two magnets (one inside the tank and one on the outside) to hold a frag. He glued a piece of rubble to the inside magnet and then attached the frag to the rubble. He used SPS frags. I'm thinking of trying this in my nano. Has anyone ever tried this? If so...
  2. HBnano

Wacky Pod?

I was feeding my gorgonia and noticed this dude snuggled up on a branch. I figure he's a harmless pod of some kind, but my biggest fear is that he is a baby mantis. Anyone have any ideas? When I poked him with a stick he zoomed into the rocks extremely fast. Reminded me of a pillbug you'd find...
  3. HBnano

Friend or Foe?

I have two clumps of this algae growing in my 7 gallon nano. I'm hoping someone can tell me what it is. I have never seen one quite like this. As the algae matures, the "leaves" turn a blue-white irridescent (kinda pretty). Hermits, snails, and the peppermint shrimp do not eat it. Thanks for...
  4. HBnano

7 gal Nano

I've always had freshwater fish tanks and became fascinated with trying my hand at saltwater. My dad was a marine biologist, and I remember as a kid (back in the 70's) how difficult nad EXPENSIVE the hobby was. I started seeing these nano reefs online and after reading up on them, realized...