Search results

1. agentgreen

Snowflake eel owners

The best thing we did for ours is build a tunnel system under the sand using PVC. Loves it!
  2. agentgreen

WTB: 120G aquarium 4'x2' around Atlanta, GA

Cracked the back panel on my existing tank. Would prefer dual overflows as that's how my current plumbing is setup. Thanks!
  3. agentgreen

Running water to my tank

My house is on a slab as well and I have a 120G tank. I am using a 50ml/m dosing pump (like this one BRS Top Off Doser (50 mL Per Minute) - English) and pumping RO/DI water through my walls about 10 feet away. I'm fairly certain a pump like this could pump water from much longer distances...
  4. agentgreen

Emergency Battery Backup For ANY Tank Of ANY Size - Step by Step

Fantastic write up! Thanks for your work on this! What Koralias are you powering with this? Also, could you connect two batteries together inline and just run the inverter off of one? Basically daisy chaining batteries to get extended life. not sure how that would work with charging though.
  5. agentgreen

Wavemaker recomendation for Koralia Evolutions?

This guy did it with a Reef Keeper Lite, which you can get around $100 or so... YouTube - Koralia Evolution 1400's, RKL
  6. agentgreen

Cheapest wavemaker option?

Here's the Quadra for real cheap: Amazon.com: JBJ Ocean Pulse - QUADRA Wavemaker (4 pump Capacity): Kitchen & Dining
  7. agentgreen

Calling all diy people

You could probably build a panel and use rare earth magnets to keep it in place.
  8. agentgreen

Which way does your tank flow?

What exactly is barrel roll flow? Please enlighten me!
  9. agentgreen

just live rock.com

And free ground shipping?
  10. agentgreen

Snowflake eel tankmates

I have my snowflake eel in with a pair of maroon clownfish and one domino damsel and he doesn't bother them at all.
  11. agentgreen

My 120 Reef Chronicle!

Hey can you give some more information on the equipment in the stand? I'm in research mode for a 120G and would like to know what you are using. Thanks!
  12. agentgreen

Guy's 120g Build Thread

Howdy! Going to follow this build as I'm in research for a 120G myself. What are the dimensions on the 120G? Have any pictures on the stand build?
  13. agentgreen

Light too high?

Oh man, I went straight to the refractometer! I'm still trying to talk the fiance into the 200G tank, instead of the bar/buffet... Hrmm, time to think about the 200G tank with a bar/buffet built-in!
  14. agentgreen

Light too high?

Thanks for everything guys. Definitely helped. I will get some updated pictures (I *know* Al loves that) of my 30G hex. Next year I'll make the lighting changes you guy's helped me decide on. RS > RC Thanks again!
  15. agentgreen

Light too high?

Well I'm still learning (obviously) and really appreciate the difference between you two. It definitely gives me many options to go for. Who knows, maybe a year down the road I'll think Michael is crazy :P (not saying you are crazy now Al :)
  16. agentgreen

Light too high?

Yea I hear ya. I think I was almost talked into the 20K bulb from a local LFS here, and have been really happy with the results, however, just starting into the hobby, I should have chosen a lower kelvin bulb to achieve the growth I really wanted to get the tank 'established', if you know what I...
  17. agentgreen

Light too high?

I'm with ya, the blue look is GREAT!! Ok, so I guess all in all, I could just research/buy the T5/VHO setup with actinic, and hopefully get some more intensity until my 20K bulb is ready to be replaced. Then move to a 10K MH bulb with T5/VHO actinic supplementals. This thread went in a TOTAL...
  18. agentgreen

Light too high?

So you are still supplementing the 20K bulb with actinics? Are you doing this for extra intensity? Or another reason?
  19. agentgreen

Light too high?

Great. I really appreciate your help here. I think that will be my main goal then. I want the huge growth, but also want the *pop* in color. I will start researching some retrofit, or piece-yourself kits for some VHO or T5 setups... I mean, yes, you don't need the actinic for extra intensity...
  20. agentgreen

Light too high?

Devils advocate: How much supplemental actinic lighting would I need for a 10K 250W bulb?