Search results

1. jensthemom

Fury Looking Snails in Canister Filter??

I have some fury looking snail like things all over my canister filter. Haven't noticed these in the past. What might they be and should I leave them in there. I am cleaning the filter. Jennifer
  2. jensthemom

I had a jumper!

I am sad to say - I had a jumper today and the end result was the death of one of my first and most favorite fish, Rasmussen the red headed fairy wrasse.:tears: This was the 4th time he jumped ship and the only time we didn't see him do it! He was quite a flyer and one time smacked me in the...
  3. jensthemom

What do you think about this equipment??

I am in need of upgrading to a wet/dry verses canister system and talked with my lfs. This is what I talked with the lfs about - tell me your opinion: I have a 75 gallon with fish and corals. Model 75 with overflow $190 Pump Mag 7 - 700 g/h - $134 Tech Light T5 6 lamps $435 or 8 lamps...
  4. jensthemom

Numbers High - What to do?

I have had some semi-high numbers over the past couple of weeks and have done three water changes and today still high. Nitrates were around the 40 ppm Ammonia between 1.0 and 2.0 ppm Nitrites - barely registered pH - only about 7.8 Calcium around 320-340 Salinity only 1.022 Should...
  5. jensthemom

Spot Feeding Gorgonians

I have read several threads that everyone is feeding their gorgonians and I am not sure what and how to do this. What is the best method? I also have a piece that is broken but is still alive. What is the best way to snip and frag this? Jen
  6. jensthemom

What corals can touch one another?

I look at many of the gallery pix and many of the corals look as if they are all running together or touching and look quite beautiful. However, everything I seem to read says to keep this from touching that etc. Are all zoas safe to clump together? Hammers and frogspawns? Leathers...
  7. jensthemom

Finger Leather

Can I move a finger leather from the top of my tank to the sand bed? I have a condy anenome that is getting a little too close I think. Jen
  8. jensthemom

Condy Anenome

Will my condy anenmone hurt my finger leather if it touches it? Jen
  9. jensthemom

Placement of new corals??

I am attaching a pix of my new corals added to my 75 gallon tank. I am still pretty new to the corals and want to know if their placement is good, too high, low, too close, etc. I have a full view, and three smaller views of the right, middle and left sides. Thanks for your help> Jen
  10. jensthemom

Jen's 75 Gallon Tank

Before I list it all, how do I post multiple pix here??? I tried the copy/paste method. Didn't work. Jennifer
  11. jensthemom

What's this growing on my LR?

Can anyone tell me what this is growing on my LR? This LR used to have a lot of plant life growing on it and then the fish got to it - is it residual? Jennifer
  12. jensthemom

LR Layout

I know that getting LR to look the way you want it is almost impossible, but can anyone tell me if mine looks ok. I am planning on adding several more corals in the near future and keep wondering where on earth I will put them and how they will stay where I put them.:dunno: Also - what is...
  13. jensthemom

Spot Feeding My Corals???

I am new to the forum thing so not sure if this is where to post this, but I keep reading how everyone spot feeds their corals, (duncans, mushrooms, etc.) How do you do this and with what and how do you know which corals you need to do this with. I do feed my anenomes silversides, but...
  14. jensthemom

New to Group

Hi My name is Jennifer and I am new to the group. I have been searching for a great forum to post with and after spending waaaayyyy too much money at the Ft. Wayne store I thought this would be the way to go. Besides I had more help over the phone from Klaus than I've had from any of our LFS...