Search results

1. C

Does your jawfish love the night life?

I am kinda relieved to hear that other people's BSJs are so active. I finally named my guy - Hobo...because he never seemed able to settle into anyone place. Hopefully writing this won't jinx things, but he's finally (after 8 months) settled into a borrow next to my firefish and Pearly...
  2. C

Does your jawfish love the night life?

I am kinda relieved to hear that other people's BSJs are so active. I finally named my guy - Hobo...because he never seemed able to settle into anyone place. Hopefully writing this won't jinx things, but he's finally (after 8 months) settled into a borrow next to my firefish and Pearly...
  3. C

The Bluespot Club

Well, she's in there...still trying to construct her burrow. I brought home two orange firefish also last night. So guess what? They took to the jawfish's pre-fab home I had built...darn it. The BSJ picked the right side of the tank to set up shop...which I had hoped she would, just not...
  4. C

The Bluespot Club

Thanks, but I can't take the credit. I found it the other day on another site while doing the research for the BSJ, just modified it to fit my tank knowing full well it is just temporary...although maybe my blenny will take to it eventually. Here's the link - see post #277: The Stoney...
  5. C

The Bluespot Club

Mmmm, more good info...guess I am not quite done if frag plugs are fair game...lol. This is my little temp home for him tonight...as I am sure he will build his own once settled. Just a few pieces of 1" pvc pipe and then topped with a barnacle and some reef rubble. I'll bury this is the sand...
  6. C

The Bluespot Club

Well, I've got a chiller...currently set at 77 degrees...is that ideal or should I drop it one or two degrees down? Although I don't know how he would get through the screening material I added to the overflow box, your comment got me thinking and I'll just wrap the overflow pipe in the box...
  7. C

The Bluespot Club

Hi all my name is Lisa...just joined here. Well, today day is the day I bring home my BSJ - first one. My brother bought him for me as a gift ($75) and he's been on hold at the LFS (where he works) for the last 6 days while I prepared my tank (deeper sandbed, maintenance, testing, and security...