Search results

1. S

Hydrometer or Refractometer ?????

I only trust a refractometer, I have checked a couple of different swing arm hydrometers against my refractometer and the readings varied way too much for me to trust them at all. I sometimes use a hydrometer for rough mixing salt, I fine tune with my refractometer.
  2. S

RO/DI poll

I use only RO/DI water in my tanks.
  3. S

skimmer size????

I would also say to look at the ASM line. They are made by a former EuroReef person so you get ER type skimming for less Money.
  4. S

Canopy Tips

I built mine so the inside dimensions are 3/16" bigger than the plastic frame and used horizontal pieces so the edge of the canopy just covered the plastic frame. I also made it 16" tall so I could work in the tank under the lights without having to worry about hitting the bulbs with my arms...
  5. S

How do you browse ReefSanctuary?

I go to the forums page because there are some areas that I like to review whether there are new posts or not.
  6. S

Best Reef Snail?

I really like the trochus snails for algae and the nassarious snails for sandbed. I also have turbos, astrea, margarita, cerith, and conchs. I have also had abalone but don't currently have one. I think you need a variety of snails since there really isn't any one snail that will take care of...
  7. S

How much will you spend on your reef tank this year?

I am between 35 and 40%. My tax refund is gone so thats a pretty accurate figure. Can reeftanks be written off as dependants?
  8. S

How many tanks?

4 right now and 2 nanos in the works. Currently: 92 corner (reef), 75 (reef), 10 hex (freshwater), Eclipse 6 (LR tank) Setting up: JBJ 12 gallon DX, and a 20 high SPS tank.
  9. S

What do you feed?

I like using a mix of different foods, that way I feel like my tank has to be getting what it needs. I don't feed everything at once but kind of rotate what I feed with the exception of filter feeder type foods, I will feed those and fish foods at the same time.
  10. S

Do you Quarantine?

I don't currently but it is something that I am looking to correct in the near future.
  11. S

Reef Series Books

I also have all 4 of the set but would recommend Bornemans book if you are only going to have a single reference. I also was at IMAC last year, it was a pretty good time and I did see Nigle there if I am thinking of the right person. This year a friend of mine and I are discussing going to...
  12. S

Premium Blue Refractometer!

I have one and think that it is definately one of the better purchases that can be made for a reefer. Skip
  13. S

Topic of the Month

Back to the top