Search results

1. Pac2003

All my corals are dying and I don't know what to do

I recently added 2 pieces of live rock which seems to co-incide when the algae started. Since then its been down hill. I was told recently that even though the tank was mature for 2 years, because its been moved it will go through a recyling period. Had the set-up running for a month now since...
  2. Pac2003

Just got in from worked and the first thing I did was check my tank. There in the corner of the tank is my Anemone... shrivelled up and dead. It hadn't looked to good lately and I posted on these forums about it. Is there any chance that my Anemone was dying or dead so was releasing toxins into...
  3. Pac2003

Red mixed Marine water bought from my LFS (I dont have the time to make my own). I bought my tank as a mature set up about a month ago. It had previously been running about 2 years I think.
  4. Pac2003

If you have seen my other thread you would know that for the past week i've come under abit of an algae bloom. Mostly brown covering the rocks and sand with also a little green on the glass. Well the algae had sort of started covering the corals but today is the worst day so far. Come home...
  5. Pac2003

Are hairy hermits bad...

I know alot of people have said about any hairy critter in a reef tank is usually bad so wondered if I should do something with my hermits. As I bought the tank it came with about 10 hermits, all of the hairy variety. Since adding all my new snails the numbers seem to be dwindling rapidly with...
  6. Pac2003

Worth adding another External or Skimmer to my tank? Help with algae too.

Right first off my tank is 48" 18" 15". It was a bought mature set-up so involved moving it. The tank currently houses 2 pairs of clowns (havent noticed any fighting as of yet), 1 yellow tang, 1 sailfin tang and 1 white tail surgeon fish. Clean up crew consists of 5 Astrea, 10 ceriths, 10...
  7. Pac2003

Worth adding another External or Skimmer to my tank? Help with algae too.

When I bought my mature set-up about a month ago it came with 2 external filters (an eheim pro II and a fluval 404). The Fluval shaft broke in transit and as it was the first type of fluval made a new shaft has been very hard to locate (didnt like fluvals anyway from an earlier experience) so...
  8. Pac2003

Urgent help needed!

Nice replies people. Havent heard much noise coming from the tank and havent found an other Hermits yet... Forgot to say that I have a Reef Lobster somewhere in the tank. You'll never see him :p. Could he be making the clicking noises? Ty
  9. Pac2003

Urgent help needed!

Thanks for the replies. I've just been sitting there trying to look in every little hole in every piece of rock while I was waiting for replies :p. After reading you response about the Hermits Davek maybe it makes abit more sense now. The half of the hermit I found was the front half. I...
  10. Pac2003

Urgent help needed!

Hi people, need some help asap. Yesterday I was sitting at this comp, I turned to look at my tank (which is in my bedroom) and saw something sitting on the front panel. From a distant it looked like a tiny snail but on inspecting it closer it wasn't. As I could only see the underside i'll try...
  11. Pac2003

Are These Nori Sheets Safe?

Thanks alot for the quick responses. Just purchased 3 packs of: https://ssl1.lon.gb.securedata.net/japanesekitchen.co.uk/merchantmanager/product_info.php?products_id=137&mmsid=68f91d79fdc14ccae0bc98544e422d46 The product mps9506 mentioned. Ty all
  12. Pac2003

Are These Nori Sheets Safe?

Wante to get some Nori as I keep seeing it widely used and found a couple of products on the net. Can you tell me if the following are fine to use: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=1275&item=4355326174&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW...
  13. Pac2003

Is this the Cyclop-Eeze lots of you use?

I just did a non uk search for the frozen cyclops-eeze and I found it straight away. Looks like it is very hard to get here if possible at all. Disapointing to say the least.
  14. Pac2003

Looking for some good info about different Gobies/Blennies

Thanks for the help Travis, can always expect you to supply some great advice.
  15. Pac2003

Aha ye there must be. I did think that but just thought i'd make sure. Seems like the frozen version is harder to get in uk just like everything else! Is there any uk people in here that know of any good cheap suppliers of frozen foods including cyclop-eeze. Thanks
  16. Pac2003

I was looking at the poll about what foods people feed and was going to make my own mush up. Alot of people have been mentioning Cyclop-eeze and the only product I can seem to find is this: http://www.paraquatics.co.uk/en-gb/dept_107.html (Scroll down to see) Is this the stuff that...
  17. Pac2003

Looking for some good info about different Gobies/Blennies

Want to get 1-2 in about 4-6 months time and wanted to do some research before then to supply the best possible enviroment. Does anybody know some decent links of where to find out some good info? Much appreciated.
  18. Pac2003

Feather Dusters ~ Any useful info/advice on caring for them

Just wondered if anybody has some advice about caring for feather dusters or has any useful links available. Ty
  19. Pac2003

Looks like a slick film on the top of water. Anyone know what it is?

What do you mean by overflow/reef ready setup? Lol I probably look stupid for asking that but i'm new to marine keeping. I've aimed my powerhead at the surface for now to try and break it up. Will this clear after a while or is there anything I can do you help/prevent it again? Ty