Search results

1. E

starting cycle

i have a 120G tank and about 120 pounds of rock it used to be live but it was in water with no flow or aireation for over a month and its been in my tank 10 days or so and no traces of ammonia at all so.... what are my options for starting the cycle can i use pure ammonia i have a 2L and used...
  2. E

test kits? elos?

i bought the hagen master test kit a year or so ago when i started my planted tank and needless to say most are running really low. Ive also bought calcium and nitrate but for the reef tank that is cycling right now i will also need mag. question are the Elos test kits worth the money? or...
  3. E

quiet one 4000 HH no worky

i have 2 power bars in my stand and i unplugged my sump return pump quiet one 4000 HH been running 2 weeks brand new now when i plugged it back into the other power bar it just humms and doesnt pump any water i tried to fill the return lines but it just flows thru the pump it hmms and tries to...
  4. E

dealing with humidity

2 nights ago i poured seachem reef salt into my 120G with 40 G sump and closed loop and threw in 2 brand new 250W heaters water is up to temp not a problem but my room feels like a sauna (humidity wise) what are my options for dealing with it? i have a 2-150W MH fixture with 2-96 W actintics...
  5. E

Setup is coming along!

tank will be a reef here it is 120G heres my sump.....i had some old clear silicone safe for aquariums so i put it in the gun and sure enough the back blew out so off to hardware store i go grab the same tube quickly flip it over safe for aquarium repairs blah blah ok all good so like an...
  6. E

any thoughts

DT will be a 120 G dual overflow and closed loop i met up with mike who was the lfs store owner and id prepaid for a 40 G breeder sump 100 bux a used dart pump $140 and a euro reef 135 skimmer $200 today i went to pick up the stuff i said ill take as is no worries the sump doesnt have the...
  7. E

stand height?

im in the mist of building a 120 G reef and was wondering what height all of your stands are.. im thinking of building my stand 38 " tall with a (24" tall tank) so i wont have to bend over to look into it. my friend just built a 220G (30" tall tank) on a 36 " stand and its perfect to look into...
  8. E

120 gal CLS

i am going to be setting up a 120 g reef (4x2x2) and i am going to go with a closed loop system the store owner says he will drill the holes for free if i buy the tank from him. he never specified how many holes he would drill but i will pay for extras its not a problem..............now it has...
  9. E

new with bunch of questions

ok i have a planted freshwater tank for about a year and want to set up a 120 G reef with a 55G sump.. i bought lights for it today a coralife fixture with 2 150W MH lights and 4-65W compact flourences and all the bulbs for 450 i dont have the tank yet but couldnt pass up the light deal the...
  10. E

New from Vancouver Canada

hey everyone dont have a salt tank yet but ill be setting up a 120 G dual overflow with a 55G sump and hopefully a CL system of some kind. ill build the stand and sump myself. it will also have MH lights and some actinics lights and skimmer i havent decided on so any help would be appreciated...