Search results

1. E

Tank On Second Floor???!!!

its a huge amount of weight over a massive amount of square inches ie my friends 220 G is 6x2x2.5 so its a 12 square foot space 12 square feet is 1728 square inches. 220G times 7.48 is 1646 pounds 1728 / 1645 = 1.0498 pSI now for comparison your 115 pound girly friend or wife wearing high...
  2. E

test kits? elos?

thanks alot appreciate the response no omne else has experenice with else test kits?!?!
  3. E

Shimmering effect of MH

thats the reason i went with MHs
  4. E

starting cycle

i have a 120G tank and about 120 pounds of rock it used to be live but it was in water with no flow or aireation for over a month and its been in my tank 10 days or so and no traces of ammonia at all so.... what are my options for starting the cycle can i use pure ammonia i have a 2L and used...
  5. E

test kits? elos?

i bought the hagen master test kit a year or so ago when i started my planted tank and needless to say most are running really low. Ive also bought calcium and nitrate but for the reef tank that is cycling right now i will also need mag. question are the Elos test kits worth the money? or...
  6. E

Elos 120XL Tank

just looking at that picture i think id have to sell my baby(car) to afford that tank im really liking that stand and dimensions tho
  7. E

Setup is coming along!

ok its been a week since i added the rock and no ammonia is present at all......... i was under the impreesion it would have been traceable by now if the rock i added had any life on it whatsoever....do i need to add a few pieces of live rock from the store? or some shrimp to decay or pure...
  8. E

Setup is coming along!

i had a coralife 2x150W MH with 2-96W actinics and a coralife 2x65W 10 000 K white and 2x 65W 50-50 lights eventually i want to get the 4x 65W all white and just have the 2 96W actinics pretty much enough light to keep anything
  9. E

Setup is coming along!

update well vegas was AWESOME........... heres an update pic as of today rock and sand went in 2 days ago
  10. E

quiet one 4000 HH no worky

hmm i tried both power strips i have in my stand but i need a third as timers take up 2 spots due to size but if that doesnt work im tossing it i dont feel like dealing with this each time the power goes out flickers or i do a WC and need to turn my sump return off
  11. E

Moving a 115 Gallon Reef

never moved a reef but any time anything needs moving beer and pizza will draw help...... i would go to zellars or target or walmart and buy a couple big rubbermaid containers dont fill them more than 1/2 full or they will bend when you try to lift them and id also have a decent amount of...
  12. E

My tank needs your Support Please

the return is where the evaportaion will show itself so id make that area bigger
  13. E

yea ive been pulling it apart the thing is............my tank has nothing in it yet ive just got it running making sure everything is working correctly no rock no salt nothnig just saltwater
  14. E

ok so the pump crapped out again and it only spins in reverse in my sump now i plug it into the bathroom and it spins the right way all good back into sump and spins wrong way the polarity on the recepticle is the right way i had another pump working fine for CL and my sparky friend with his...
  15. E

i got it going this morning in the sump so all is well hopefully no power outages
  16. E

i finally got it to start in a bucket outside soon as it goes back in sump damn thing wont start its been unpluggged and plugged back 100 times im done with it for tonight thanks for the help guys
  17. E

brand new and its been running 2 weeks i took it apart its clean im gona go try and see if i can get it to go again
  18. E

ok well the LFS went backrupt and owed me stuff for along time so he gave me the pump in box to make up for it so no receipt i tried using my finger to turn it and it spun for a second then stopped again the magnet was fairly warm tho so im going to let it cool down and try again thanks...
  19. E

i have 2 power bars in my stand and i unplugged my sump return pump quiet one 4000 HH been running 2 weeks brand new now when i plugged it back into the other power bar it just humms and doesnt pump any water i tried to fill the return lines but it just flows thru the pump it hmms and tries to...
  20. E

dealing with humidity

well i think what im going to do is just put a 5" hood on the wall with a diffuser in the room just so fresh air will always be coming in but i can still have my window closed (ground floor annd the window locks dont work worth hell ) thanks for thoughts and ideas everyone oh the evaporation...