Search results

1. J

Is 250W too much?

Yeah, I like to cook, but not liek that. I'll see what I can find in the 70W range since that seems to be better suited to my small needs. I just had a reasonable offer and was wondering if it was really gonna work or if he just wanted to get rid of a light.
  2. J

Is 250W too much?

OK, that's what I thought, just wanted to be sure.
  3. J

Is 250W too much?

Hey, question for all you experienced reefers out there. Is a 250W MH setup gonna be too much for a 12G aquapod? I want to keep some sps in there but still want my zoo's without frying them. Lemme know what you think.
  4. J

The leprechaun's adventure continues

Set up a fuge in the back chamber today with some chaeto and a sweet little submersible led. Should be good for housing little pods and things. Now I'll just wait for my new corals to show up. Ordered some organism paly's from fraggle reef. We'll see if they're as cool as I think. I plan on...
  5. J

Well, edded a cleanup crew two days ago. To my delight the margarita snails are eating the crap out of my green hairy algae. Couple a little lawnmowers they are. Now I got a lot of snail poop to deal with though. Oh well, that's a lot easier. My next step is to upgrade my lighting. I' plan on...
  6. J

Algae and worms, algae and worms....good lord almighty I got algae and worms!!! After being away for the weekend I came back to an algae bloom and noticed two bristle worms cruizing around my tank. The worms aren't anything to be worried about right? They are those little red guys with the white...
  7. J

So waiting is really fun. Actually not so bad. Testing params everyday is like playing with my chemistry kit as a kid. Oh and in case yall didn't know...you shoudn't step on the test tubes barefoot...especially the nitrate one. Rumor has it it doesn't feel good. I'm looking at more lighting...
  8. J

Thanks for the props...I acually got most of my live rock from an e-bay seller, elegantreef. It is from Aloha Aquariums in Cali. That's the good looking purple and green stuff(you can't see the sweet green stuff cuz of my crappy phone camera). The stuff in the first picture is from the lfs here...
  9. J

A leprechaun's underwater adventure.

Continued in cronicles forum... http://www.reefsanctuary.com/forums/reef-chronicles/33096-leprechauns-adventure-continues.htm
  10. J

OK, so I'm continuing the chronicle of the life of my little reef. I had a small meet and greet thread that I started last week but felt here was a more apropriate location for the thread. So lets get caught up. I ordered a 12G Aquapod from Dr's Foster and Smith and it arrived while I was...
  11. Jeffrechaun's 12g ap 6/24/08

Jeffrechaun's 12g ap 6/24/08

crappy cell phone pics of my 12G nano rescaped 5 days after setup.
  12. Jeffrechaun's 12g ap 6/21/08

Jeffrechaun's 12g ap 6/21/08

crappy cell phone pics of my 12G nano 3 days after setup.
  13. J

I'll get some pics when I find a camera. I sent mine to Madagascar with my girlfriend to study lemurs with. Won't see that for a couple months...I'll find something soon though so you can see my rocks and sand.
  14. J

Ok, so I got everything set up, live rock, sand, sweet location so my lizards can watch the tank(they're quite interested in all the goings on in the corner.) Sand seems prety fine though, it's getting blown around a lot even though I haven't directed flow at the bottom...hmm maybe to add some...
  15. J

Hi all. Decided to start a 12G nano so I've been doing pantloads of research and found this community to be very helpful. I'm looking forward to documenting my adventure and learning from experienced reefers...sweet, my Aqua Pod just showed up, time to get started.........