Search results

1. melusina

Brought my seahorse home yesterday.

I brought my seahorse home yesterday and she seems to be settling in just fine. I have a couple of questions, though, that I'd like input on. The first is that I'm trying to figure out how much flow is too much? I have a 90 gallon tank and I currently am using the return and 1 koralia...
  2. melusina

Soon to have a seahorse

I am in the process of moving from a 90 gallon aquarium to a 225 gallon someday soon (I've only had the 225 for 4 months but hey, it finally has water in it!). Anyway, a friend of mine has recently divorced and I agreed to take her seahorse (h. kuda) and the scooter blenny that shares the tank...
  3. melusina

This thing is making me crazy!!

I have a BC29 that's driving me nuts and I'm hoping someone has some suggestions. I'm slowly removing the bioballs and took the 2nd batch of 10 or so out today while doing my water change. I also attempted to upgrade the pump from the stock pump to the Rio 6HF. I put the Rio in and started...
  4. melusina

What have I done?

I thought that I might try to chronicle the birth of my little underwater nation on this forum so that as I hopefully get a little wiser, I'll be able to fondly remember when ignorance was bliss. Also, if we get a hurricane this summer, I'll be able to remember what the tank looked like. I...
  5. melusina

Do used bioballs have any use?

I'm going to start removing my bioballs from my 29 gallon biocube and I'm wondering if they have any other use - i.e., to help cycle a new tank? I just got my 90 gallon tank set up (water only so far) and I am also setting up a QT tank as per the instructions on another thread. Since I haven't...
  6. melusina

Rock and sand question

Hi - it's been a long time since I've been able to get back here to post, although I try to read a bit daily. I currently have a 29 gallon nano and sadly, have been badly bitten by the bug - I just purchased a used 90 gallon system (tank, sump, okay lights) that I plan on trying to get set up...
  7. melusina

Hello

I stumbled across this site yesterday and was very impressed. I'm VERY new to this hobby and am looking forward to learning more about it - I think I am fast on the way to addiction - I'm trying to figure out what furniture I can get rid of to get a larger tank :laughroll ! I've been reading...