Search results

1. Asa Herring

grow cyano? BUT WHY?!!!

As I said, when I switched to the cool compact fluorescent lighting, the evaporation went down dramatically. The intermittent water fall and splash of a dump bucket causes a lot of interaction with the air in the room. If the room is cool, the water will be cooled, even without significant...
  2. Asa Herring

grow cyano? BUT WHY?!!!

I would like you guys to think about actually creating a full fledged algal turf scrubber. I believe that it will cure your cyno problem with room to spare. I have used one for years and never had a cyno problem even though I drastically over fed my tank. I even added fish emulsion fertilizer...
  3. Start of my new tank design.

Start of my new tank design.

I am in the process of designing a new setup with a new set of problems to solve. Below, I placed a lower quality rendering of what I have planned so far. I would encourage anyone that has any ideas or questions to contact me I will use the same actual glass tank, virtually the same...
  4. This is a photo-realistic rendering of a true 3-D solid modeled aquarium se

This is a photo-realistic rendering of a true 3-D solid modeled aquarium se

5. Asa Herring

Hello,

A reef keeper since 1990, I am restarting my 130 gallon reef tank after relocating. I want to continue using the more natural methods that are advocated by Dr. Adey in Dynamic Aquaria, where ever possible. I will use an algal surf scrubber (dump bucket) and a large horse trough sump full of...