Search results

1. M

ID please

I have attached some pictures of some new arrivals in my tank. Are these friend or foe? The first one looks like some sort of anenome and the second one I was hoping was new yellow polyps but it may be aiptasia. What do you think and if they are bad how do I get rid of them. Thanks for the...
  2. M

help dyed coral

I made an impules purchase at the LFS which I know beleive is a mistake. I bought the two corals pictured below the pink leather for $69.99 and the orange leather for 29.99. I am fairly new to the hobby and asked the lady at the store whether the corals were dyed because I had never seen such...
  3. M

Algae problem

I am having a problem with what I think is red slime algae. I will attempt to post a picture. I have been trying to get rid of it with water changes every week or so but with in a day or two after the cleaning it is back. What are some possible solutions to getting rid of it? Is there anything...
  4. M

Help fish death

A few months back I bought 2 false percula clown fish they seemed to be doing fine and (eating and very active) then all of a sudden they just died a day apart after 2 months. So I had the water tested nothing apparently wrong. I then waited a few weeks an bought another one same senario it died...
  5. M

Air pump help

I have a 45G tall aquarium which has been up and running for approximatley 7 months. I am running a cascade 700 canister filter and a rio 800 powerhead and a air pump with attacged bubble bar. I have 40# live rock and a 3 to 4" sand bed. Livestock includes yellow tang, 1 percula clown, 2 Green...