Search results

1. J

A Silly Question?

OK, I've been at this for quite some time, but sometimes a person needs to go back to the beginning. I can't get the frickin' algae off my glass, no matter how hard I use my scrubbers. Is it acceptable to use a razor blade? I know they're metal, but if you throw them away after every use, how...
  2. J

Tang Compatability

I have a well established 75 gal. tank. All its inhabitants are doing great: snails, starfish, crabs, 2 clowns, yellow tang, 2 yellow-tail blue damsels (can't think of correct name right now), blennie, yellow jawfish - all is well!! BUT, I want to add a blue hippo tang and perhaps a blue...
  3. J

Sand Sifting Starfish has disappeared

I bought a sand sifting starfish and he immediately went under the sand. I thought that was great, but he hasn't come back out in almost a week. Should I retrieve him, or can he be alive under there and just doing what they do?
  4. J

Can't find my jawfish

I have a yellowhead jawfish that I purchased yesterday. The substrate is deep enough, and the tank is fairly well established. At first he dug a 2" wide depression in the corner of the tank and was hanging out there. But now I can't find him. The top is well covered, but just in case, I...
  5. J

New AGAIN, but with a Question

Well, I had a saltwater set-up for about 15 years.....but that was 15 years ago. Now, I'm starting again, and it seems like I've never done it before!!! I set up a 75 gal. tank with live sand and rock, and after about 2 months I was fighting red slime algae. I bought a product called Blue...