Search results

1. yoshiod9

April Photo Contest

oops...found where it's supposed to go...nm. :D :hallo:
  2. yoshiod9

RS Store coupon code

cool coupon travis...but just one thing. 'dorey' is spelled 'dory'...might wanna change that on the teeshirt. =)
  3. yoshiod9

Great White in Monterey Aquarium Kills Two Sharks

yeah, i remember wanting to see that guy ever since i was a kid(granted i'm only 22 as it is right now)! i thought that they had two of them(for some reason i think they're called mola mola or something similar to that) at mba though...maybe i just have bad memory. :D
  4. yoshiod9

Great White in Monterey Aquarium Kills Two Sharks

the people at Monterey Bay Aquarium don't mess around...they are conservationists first and scientists second. if they realize the animal isn't doing well, and can be released to the wild, they'll do it. check out the monterey bay aquarium site... http://www.mbayaq.org/cr/whiteshark.asp...
  5. yoshiod9

SPS pics

hm...i dunno. i picked this up at tropical paradise in san leandro and it was sold as cali tort. i just loved the color(though james at aquascene has some AMAZING stuff).
  6. yoshiod9

SPS pics

muffler- i picked up the birdsnest from a different store(geez, that's almost blasphemy considering how much nice stuff i always buy from ming!) but it was a huge frag for 25 bucks...so i couldn't pass up that deal! that is funny...i guess we do have the same tastes in corals. :D
  7. yoshiod9

Post Your Awesome Favia Here!

funny thing...i'm local to them but have never actually seen joleen. i see ming every time i'm there though. i think ming might be tryin to pull the wool over our eyes, that trickster. :rolleyes: anyway, here's the new favia i picked up for my birthday! both photos were taken under 32w...
  8. yoshiod9

SPS pics

the pieces i scored for my birthday! cali tort(without flash is the lighter colored pic and with flash is the darker colored picture), cyphastrea ocellina, pink birdsnest with yellow tips.
  9. yoshiod9

Happy Birthday yoshiod9!

thanks everyone! my gf was cool enough to take me to the bay area fish stores today and we picked up some AMAZING stuff(cali tort frag, pink birdsnest with yellow polyps on tips frag[biggg frag], cyphastrea ocellina frag, and the most awesome favia i have ever laid eyes on). pics to come for...
  10. yoshiod9

Mystery Coral????

i wish i had seen this earlier! this is definetly macro...i've got a little bit of this stuff growing in my tank too!
  11. yoshiod9

Scooter Houdini just disappeared?

neon dottyback.....all dottybacks are bastards. i put one in my tank and he killed 2 gobies. add to the fact that i want him out but am not willing to tear down my whole tank and you can see why i despise dottybacks in a tank with other fish.
  12. yoshiod9

Let's see your zo collection

newer pic of my favorite zoos.
  13. yoshiod9

White Spider Like Things?

grrrr...those bastards eat zoos. contrary to the end of that article i've found that a simple fw dip(ph and temp. acclimated) with 40drops of lugols per gallon will knock these bad boys right out. yuck...they give me the willies just thinking about them.
  14. yoshiod9

SPS pics

maxx- of course they are! i was going to buy some other pieces from a different lfs(local is anything within 100 miles i guess) but everytime i go to atlantis i can't help but buy stuff. ming always has awesome stuff and pretty good prices. if you're ever in the bay area though you should...
  15. yoshiod9

SPS pics

that rainbow monti is astounding mane!! here's a pic of my new efflo(no flash used) frag and my pavona maldavensis frag(about an inch around).
  16. yoshiod9

Acanthastrea Lordhowensis Hit The Jackpot

i'll take the frags tdevil doesn't want....if not, i guess i can settle for some pics! :D
  17. yoshiod9

broken bulb!

yep...potato cut in half is supposed to work well if their are still shards of glass sticking out of the socket. gl!
  18. yoshiod9

My Chevron Tang

some gobies, perhaps?
  19. yoshiod9

Happy Birthday uchiha!

happy b-day again man! have a fun 21!
  20. yoshiod9

SPS pics

here's the couple sps i have in my 12g. blue polyped m. danae, blue polyped m. cap(green based) and a blue green pocillopora damacornis(i hadn't seem a pocillo with this coloration before so i had to have it!).