Search results

1. NanoNewbie

Can anyone identify these?

Emerald crabs do good job on bubble algae. I had bad infestation in a 30gal reef and put 2 in and in couple weeks no more bubble algae.
  2. NanoNewbie

Aquariums made in China

Does anyone have any experience with some of the Chinese brand aquariums? How do they rate compared to the common brands found in LFS?
  3. NanoNewbie

Urchin Opinions

I have a white pincushion urchin and it has eaten some of my star polyps. But mostly it eats algae and i give it seaweed. My long spine urchin loves the seaweed.
  4. NanoNewbie

Question on making DIY lights

Can you use one 24watt ballast to run more than one lesser watt bulbs? For example use a 24w compact flourescent ballast for 2 or 3 9w cfl bulbs.
  5. NanoNewbie

Freshwater Native BioTope Take

Feed em Purina Trout Chow
  6. NanoNewbie

2.5 Pico

Updated picture on new additions tank.
  7. NanoNewbie

has anyone seen these??? Daisy Coral

Yes I have some as well. At first they grew like wildfire then stopped. But still have a good colony. They are a clove polyp I think.
  8. NanoNewbie

Rhodactus OR Ricordea

Dang that was quick. LOL thanks for the ID.
  9. NanoNewbie

Rhodactus OR Ricordea

I was wondering if someone could ID this for me. I think it's rhodactus but not sure.
  10. NanoNewbie

Help on unknown algae..

If it is bryopsis lettuce slug will take care of it quickly. I had one cleaned my 14gal biocube which was overgrown with it in just couple weeks. But once the bryopsis is gone the slug wont have anything to eat.
  11. NanoNewbie

2.5 Pico

I have a Red Sea nano filter but it doesnt create much flow. Would that be better than the cannister? The cannister only has floss in to act as mechanical filter. I dont plan on any fish maybe a couple of sexy shrimp, but mostly just zoas and star polyps and a green hairy mushroom I put in today.
  12. NanoNewbie

2.5 Pico

I just set up this pico reef tank with some things I had laying around. Any ideas on how to improve on it? 2.5 gal tank 4lbs live sand 2 or 3 lbs live rock 501 ZOO MED cannister filter 18watt coralife mini light small frag of clove polyps rhodactus of some kind
  13. NanoNewbie

Heat problems

I have a 18w Coralife 9" mini light. It gets too hot to touch. Is there a simple mod to cool it?
  14. NanoNewbie

raising peppermint fry

No problemo Pez, I know it is very difficult to raise them but I have read of people doing it. It is too much work for me that's for sure.
  15. NanoNewbie

raising peppermint fry

dang just had some hatch yesterday but now they are all gone. Sucked up the overflow lol. e-mail me your phone number and if i can siphon them up in to a container i give you a call
  16. NanoNewbie

raising peppermint fry

I live on Marconi Ave near Fulton Ave, couple blocks east of Fulton.
  17. NanoNewbie

White clownfish

Anyone seen these clowns?
  18. NanoNewbie

raising peppermint fry

Anyone in Sacramento area experienced in raising peppermint shrimp fry? My shrimp keep hatching fry every month or so and thought maybe someone could take them to raise
  19. NanoNewbie

Peppermint shrimp babies

Is it possible to raise peppermint shrimp fry in home aquarium? Mine keep hatching tons of babies in my 14gal BioCube.
  20. NanoNewbie

aquarium sand burrowing pests?

yea they are pods of some kind I got em too all over