Search results

1. L

my 29 gallon

The returns are only 2" below the top of the tank. But, yeah, ill double check. If it cant hold it, ill go out and buy a 20 gallon or something for the sump. Thanks.
  2. L

my 29 gallon

ok 40hd-x it is. Do you think i will get good coverage with the flow? i was thinking that the mag 9.5 can take care of the top part of the tank, and the closed loop take cares of the middle and bottom part of the tank.
  3. L

my 29 gallon

so basically, get a strong pump so that when it hits something, the flow will "shatter" and spread right? So for that, i think i should get the 40hd-x. Will that be too much flow? hehe sorry. I cant decide.
  4. L

my 29 gallon

Also for the pump, should i get a 1100 gph, or spend an extra 20 bucks and get 1270 gph? do you think the 1100 gph will be fine?
  5. L

my 29 gallon

how can i put locline y fittings on the outputs? They only make 3/4" and below. How can i make the flow go all around the tank? I had dead spots in my old tank, and i dont want any with this one.I dont really want to do a spray bar and get a seperate pump. Sorry for all the questions. I just...
  6. L

my 29 gallon

how can i direct the flows coming out of the holes? They dont make any loc lines for anything bigger than a 3/4"
  7. L

my 29 gallon

Will that still be good for the SPS?
  8. L

my 29 gallon

the extra outputs are going to be blowing from the front of the tank to the back. Im going to be using a blueline 30x HD. I checked on reefcentral's head loss calculator, and it still puts out around 980 gph.
  9. L

my 29 gallon

yep, thats the back. I just came back from ordering it. I changed the 1.25" to 1.5" bulkheads, since they dont have 1.25" bulkheads. Ill just reduce the piping. its gonna take 3 weeks!
  10. L

my 29 gallon

Hi, I am starting a 29 gallon reef after my old tank cracked. here are my diagrams, if it looks ok, im going to place the order in today for it. Tell me what you think about it.