Search results

1. davephelps5000

20 or 29 Gallon reef start up. Lighting?

Aqualight makes a nice clamp on single 150w MH that could do the job too.. Either way.. In a small tank like that, you def gotta watch heat..like the other man said.. But that could also be too much direct light for some soft corals.. You might possibly need to diffuse the light depending on the...
  2. davephelps5000

Deep Sand Bed = Natural Nitrate Reduction

I don't know.. But in my experience.. Too much substate is just asking for nitrate problems.. It's like a sponge for nitrates.. I had a sand bed similar thickness to yours.. But a few months ago I took of down to about and inch maybe less and it's one the best choices I've made for my reef...
  3. davephelps5000

did a dumb thing...

Do what Big al said bro.. after that theres kinda two schools of thought about what to do next.. you can basically leave it alone to heal as is.. or you can attempt to carefully split it into three cohesive peices and place it back on three seperate frag plugs/rocks.
  4. davephelps5000

What do I need to start a frag tank

Like some of the other folks said. you need to do some research into this stuff..probably by sitting down with a good book about it. I work at an aquarium store and i always tell people to figure out what you want in your tank and what you want to do with your tank and how you want it to look...
  5. davephelps5000

What corals for 250 watt M H?

Any lps or sps should be fine.. Ur ready to go! Some of my favs are Trachaphelias.. They will get used to the halides..or open brain coral.. U can find some great pink and green ones coming from indo seas right now.. Sea fans are another cool addition..
  6. davephelps5000

HELP with Aquarium Lighting

I have a 55gal reef tank with soft corals only.. I'm running a very similar light fix to urs: the coralife with 65 x 4 watts with 2-10000k bulbs in the back and a 50/50 and 420 Actinic in the front.. I find the light to be sufficient for my 55 but am still unable to do large stony corals.. Can...
  7. davephelps5000

My new blue spot jawfish

How large is ur tank?
  8. davephelps5000

My new blue spot jawfish

I work at Exotic Aquatics in Baltimore, Md and we had two spotted jawfish for the past couple weeks..we actually sold our last one on sturday too! These guys are pretty hard to find out here and cost a pretty penny too! I'm my experience with them it will not be a god outcome to havethe two fish...
  9. Strawberry Pseudochromis

Strawberry Pseudochromis

A far back shot of this strawberry. He's one of the brightest I've ever seen.
  10. Condylactus  Anemone

Condylactus Anemone

This beautiful guy is thriving
  11. 0523080146

My new yellow Tang and a huge Chromis
  12. 0523080146a

0523080146a

My new yellow Tang with a damsel
  13. Upside down emerald..

Upside down emerald..

14. davephelps5000

Octoman's 10 gallon FW junkyard

I know this is a little late, but i looked at those fish n flush things! They're pretty crazy! The site said they were on back order too; you can even get one. So either alot of people have already got em or maybe they stopped making them.
  15. davephelps5000

why i shouldnt impulse buy

those ricordeas are beautiful...
  16. MY 55 Gal Tank

MY 55 Gal Tank

my three stripe damsel on this large green mushroom
  17. MY 55 Gal Tank

MY 55 Gal Tank

just a large shot of the tank
  18. davephelps5000

New to Reef Sanctuary

Hi, I'm dave and i just joined up.. Im interested in connecting with people online here about saltwater and reef fish topics and of course i always know theres new things for me to learn. Ive been in the hobby for a number of years now but have been serious for the past few years; maintaining...