Search results

1. mutnjeff

combining tanks...

Thanks! her tank doesn't have a lot in it yet, she just started to add - very slowly. she will be taking from my tank quite a bit of live rock, an anemone, a clam, some small coral frags, longnose hawkfish, blue hippo tang, 2 firefish, and numerous snails/crabs. can she have 2 lawnmower...
  2. mutnjeff

combining tanks...

anyone have any suggestions?
  3. mutnjeff

combining tanks...

so after much thought and sadness I've decided to sell the contents of my saltwater tank.... I've just had it with all the problems... I just don't have the time/money to continue the way I'd like to. anyway, my question is that I have a friend that has recently gotten into the hobby and would...
  4. mutnjeff

need advice please...

ok - sorry about all the questions here... but I was reading some of the stickies that were recommended and correct me if I'm wrong - can I leave my tank be for 11+ months without adding anything new and be basically "ich-free"? I'm really concerned on how to properly quarantine all these fish...
  5. mutnjeff

need advice please...

ok, so obviously I'll need to return my very expensive bottle of kick-ich - now, do I need to treat all the fish in the tank - or just the 3 that I noticed the ich on? also, my jawfish - will it be okay without sand in the quarantine tank? and how do I go about feeding my mandarin without live...
  6. mutnjeff

need advice please...

has anyone heard of "kick ich"? got it from the lfs today - supposedly you can treat your entire tank - inverts and all - claims to be safe for them?! thanks!
  7. mutnjeff

need advice please...

ok, here's what I'm working with: 75 gal (pH 8.4, Alk 1.7, phosphate 0.2, nitrite 0, nitrate <5, ammonia 0.25, temp 84, salinity 1.023) 2 percula clowns, 1 mandarin goby, 1 yellow head sleeper goby, 1 lawnmower blenny, 1 blue hippo tang, 2 red firefish, 1 longnose hawkfish, multiple...
  8. mutnjeff

id please?

Thanks! you got it!!! now if it was only a good thing.... hopefully it doesn't survive and reproduce! would have added a picture but it was just a flesh colored blur!:whstlr:
  9. mutnjeff

id please?

I'll start out by apologizing for no picture, it was a fairly fast moving critter, and when I tried to get a picture it was just a fuzzy spot.... anyway it was small - about the size of half of a pencil eraser - was elongated - flesh colored and very much resembled a lettuce sea slug - only...
  10. mutnjeff

high pH issues....

update: did appx 15 gal water change last night and this morning my pH is (drumroll please.... ) 8.2 !!!! woohoo!!! I was so relieved to see that. unfortunately my carpet anemone didn't make it - I really am surprised he lived as long as he did. shame on the lfs for not educating me that I...
  11. mutnjeff

high pH issues....

last water change was about 1 week ago and it was appx 20 gallons. from what I read in the article the vinegar will lower the pH - it says to use 1ml/gallon which of course scared the pants off of me putting vinegar into the tank so I opted for only 10ml and will watch and wait. as for the...
  12. mutnjeff

high pH issues....

ok, here's what I have: 75 gall aquarium (48x18x21) appx 3 yrs old Fluval 305 canister filter Biowheel filter (not sure of size...) 1 powerhead (again not sure of brand/size) Prizm Deluxe protein skimmer Orbit Compact Fluorescent Lights/ Lunar light (Sunpaq dual daylight...
  13. mutnjeff

convict cichlids/ fry?

how much bigger of a tank do I need? there's now only the pair of adult convicts and of course their fry. I did pull the divider out today and have been watching them, they are still fighting some - but mostly staying at opposite sides of the tank. I'm looking at getting a 55 gal for them, but I...
  14. mutnjeff

convict cichlids/ fry?

hello everyone! I have a 29 gal tank with convicts in it, there is: 1 large male, and 3 smaller fish (one female) I actually started with a pair - they had about a million babies - which I gave as many away as I could, they had more babies - ate them, had more babies - ate them, and then mom...
  15. mutnjeff

please help with placement of new corals

tank is 20 inches deep michele
  16. mutnjeff

ok, here's what I have: 75 gal tank with sand bed (sand and live rock- don't know how much) orbit compact fluorescent lunar light fixture - 384 watt thanks!!!! Michele
  17. mutnjeff

oh no!!!! clam is almost out of water - the bag leaked!!! will it be ok? michele
  18. mutnjeff

I am getting a few new corals today - mail order and was wondering if someone could give me some advice for where they should be placed in the tank, bottom, middle, on sand or dead coral? I am getting a derasa clam, brain coral and some colony polyps. thanks in advance! Michele:help:
  19. mutnjeff

what could this be?

Never thought of that! LOL! ...there's one in every crowd! :yup: :LOL: :laughroll
  20. mutnjeff

what could this be?

it is on the underside of a piece of live rock - I had re-arranged a few pieces tonight when I was looking for places to put some of the mushrooms I cut off tonight... otherwise I never would have even seen it. it's on a big round piece on the lower portion where it doesn't get much of the...