Search results

1. H

Tunze in Biocube

It has no top, just the sunpod HQI.
  2. H

Tunze in Biocube

I have a BC 29 with a fuge mod in the center section. Is it possible to fit a Tunze 9002 in the first compartment if you cut off the magnet? Any other ideas if not?
  3. H

The Bluespot Club

Well, I am the proud owner of a BSJF as of 2 weeks ago. Barely. After transferring coral and liverock into a new biocube29 I bought a jawfish after a week or so of the transfer. I found a great deal and couldn't resist. However I had to move some stuff around in there the first day or 2 after...
  4. H

algae?

Darn. Man I am starting to get frustrated with my tank. Flatworms and bryopsis at the same time. I recently upgraded tanks and added a lot of new corals. I guess that is a reason to go slow as well. I might have to sell a few off to pay for treatment, but I dont want to pass this stuff on to...
  5. H

algae?

My tank is a mess right now. I am battling bryopsis, and some other thing that I thought was a type of algae, but after looking really close it kind of looks like a worm. They are about 1/8" long and are scattering on the LR and LS. They dont look to be on any of my corals. Anybody know what...
  6. H

API Ca test

I lost the darn sheet that tells me what my Ca is, can someone please let me know what 25 drops is? My DK is 9. Is everything ok?
  7. H

Dowflake Calcium Cheap

Any substitute to the outrageously priced 2 part would be fine.
  8. H

Dowflake Calcium Cheap

Anybody know where to get cheap dowflake these days?
  9. H

orchid dottyback

Thanks Dentoid, looks like I will be getting a pair
  10. H

orchid dottyback

captive bred
  11. H

orchid dottyback

Do you think a 55 will be large enough to prevent aggression if I get 2 CB juvis?
  12. H

Welcoming an new addition :-)

Cool video!
  13. H

orchid dottyback

I have read that they are hermaphroditic, or change sexes like the clown(there is a better term). I want to get a small one and a large one, and hope they breed eventually.
  14. H

Has anyone tried to keep an octopus

I think that most the fish in your tank would escape given the option. It is just that octos can figure out how. There are arguments against keeping anything in captivity, but we do. The octo is a great animal to keep if you take the time to properly maintain its tank, and keep it entertained...
  15. H

orchid dottyback

I am thinking of getting a pair of these for my 55. I am also planning on having a mandarin. Any compatability issues?
  16. H

Pink vs Purple coralline

There may also be an issue with your magnesium. I was having to dose my aquarium, and I forget if it was an overdose or not enough magnesium that I was told will turn your coralline light pink. Might be worth testing.
  17. H

Protein skimmer for aquapod

I have a aqua c remora on my AP24 that is awesome. I would think that weekly water changes is the way to go on the 12g.
  18. H

Has anyone tried to keep an octopus

I have been looking into getting one for a year+, and have just postponed it again. They are really cool, but take a lot of dedication. You will need a species only tank, with a big skimmer and a tank that is completely escape proof. There are dwarf species that you can keep in an aquarium of...
  19. H

Hello from Austin

I have lurked here for a while, and jsut want to finally say hello. I am in the process of upgrading my 24gal Aquapod to a 55gal and will put up a thread soon. I really like this site, and have learned quite a bit here. Thanks for all the info, and I look forward to hearing from you all.-Hamp