Search results

1. Reefer333

Satan's Breath Zoa

I had to do it and break down and buy a satans breath zoa. I've had it in the tank now for 2 weeks and it is doing great. This is unlike any zoa I have seen. I will post beter pics later, but this is the best one I can get now..
  2. Reefer333

My 120 reef tank build

Well this is my first big tank build. I have been in the hobby for 9 months and before the 120 I had a 34 gallon Nano. The Nano was pretty much "plug and play". So I got a 120 gallon off my friend because he is moving and this is a whole new world of aquariums. I've been reading and I think...
  3. Reefer333

When should I worry about my Zoas?

I ordered Zoas for the first time off the internet and they have been in my tank for about two days. Only 5 out of the 10 seperate frags are open, and I was just woundering if I should worry that they havent opened yet. I will post better pics later, but this is all I have now. But the good...
  4. Reefer333

New BSJF on the way...Blue spott paradise??

Here are pics of the tank before and after. I ordered a BSJF and he should be here Tuesday, so I added 3 inches of sand and removed some live rock to add a little more sand area for the little fella. This is my 3rd so I want to give this little guy everything he needs. Before After
  5. Reefer333

Blue Spot on sale (Liveaquaria.com)!!

Liveaquaria.com has BSJF for sale for $99.00!!
  6. Reefer333

My 120 project

Well I am finnaly moving away from the nanos!!!! This is going to be my first big tank and I can't wait to get it started! I just picked the tank up yesturday and just finished scraping all the old algea off it. This weekend or next week I'm going to get the filtration for it. I'm not sure...
  7. Reefer333

This is wierd :(

So this morning I notice that my BSJF is not out like she always is. So I shine a light in her hole and I see that she is breathing weird, almost like she is panting, but slower. then shortly after my clown fish starts swimming very strange and ends up laying on its side then flopping around...
  8. Reefer333

Having trouble with pH, Help!!

My pH stays around 7.7-7.8. I have read all over this forum and followed all directions and was just woundering what else I should be doing. My tank is a red sea 34 gallon and has been up for 8 months. Here is what my tank tests: Alk 4.34 meg/L Ca 420ppm Mg 1230ppm pH 7.7...
  9. Reefer333

Introducing Bruno...

Well here is the new guy Bruno. I got him in about 3 days ago and he is very healthy and has built the largest home I have ever seen, has about four entrances. I have to give Kudos to liveaquaria. There shipping was fast and he was the healthiest fish I have ever purchased. I have yet to see...
  10. Reefer333

Orange spotted Filefish in a Reef Tank

Here is a picture of a Orange spotted Filefish that I had in my tank for 1 day. This is the reason that you should always read before you buy. He's pretty but he would have destroyed my tank. My LFS told me that this was reef safe......
  11. Reefer333

New Baby on the way, need some advice

Hello Again, I have read a lot of the posts on this BS club and learned a lot, but what advice do you all have for me. I want to give this new one everything he needs to survive. My water perameters are: Salinity - 1.019 Ammonia - 0 P.H. -8.0 Nitrate - 0 Phosphate - 0 Temp- 77-78
  12. Reefer333

Here is my Red Sea 34 gallon

Here are some pics of my 34 gallon. Some of these pics are old and I will take some new ones soon. This is my first reef tank and would love to hear what you think and what advice you have for me. By the way the rose anenome is no longer in the tank, he got HUGE!!
  13. Reefer333

My first reef pics

Here are pics of my reef tank. Its been up for about 7 months. Its a red sea 34 gallon. I need to take some recent photos because this is about 3 months ago. More to come........
  14. Reefer333

Need help finding healthy Blue Spot Jawfish...Please

Hello, I am looking for help finding a healthy blue spotted jawfish. I know that they are really hard to find, but I figure this is probably the best group of people to ask. Thank you, Stefan
  15. Reefer333

R.I.P Eugene

Unfortunately my blue spot did end up dying today :( Thank you Dentoid and Lynn for all your help with him. Even though I kinda new he wasnt going to make it after the way he looked this morning, I hate to see such a beautiful creature die. I will be looking for another one, because I really...
  16. Reefer333

Blue Spot Dying, Anything I can do?

Hello I woke up this morning to see that my Blue Spot was out of his hole laying on his side breathing really hard. He just keeps flopping around the tank. His color is great and he is nice and fat. He was in a hole that my fire fish lives in so I don't know if the fought it out or what, but...
  17. Reefer333

Blue Spotted Jawfish Help

My blue spotted jawfish has been in my tank for about three days now, and he still seems that he is very stressed out. He has already built his home and ate some mysis shrimp, but he is breathing VERY hard and doesn't come out of his hole at all. I just want to know if this is normal and he...
  18. Reefer333

Need help with algae problem

I have a Red Sea 34gallon reef tank thats been up for about 7-8 Months. I am losing the battle against hair algae and red slime. I do a water change every week (5gallons), and all I am dosing is Iodide, calcium and buffer when I do a water change. I try to remove as much red slime that I can...