Search results

1. N

Complete tank for sale

90 gallon all glass 175 W metal halides 1/5 horsepower chiller 50 gallon per day are a DI unit titanium heater complete cherry stand canopy with fans use the sterilizer 20 gallon long sumptank deltekprotienskimmeruv sterilizer $800 not parts8042533343
  2. N

Shrimp and the cycle

I would like to reopen the debate about using table shrimp or other fish scraps to enhance or speed up the cycle.In another thread where this was discussed I asked for someone to put a few links in about the subject and why people should do this,I didnt get any.So today I did a little research...
  3. N

Aquarium myths

Attached are three articles by Eric borenman concerning certain myths that have circulated in this hobby for years.The third article has a section on cycling a reef tank.I think we all may be suprised by what he has to say about cycling and many other subjects. Mything the Point: Part One by...
  4. N

View a live reef

Take a look at a live reef.There is always something happening. http://www.breathebonaire.com/index.php?CURRENT_CAM=bonairecam2
  5. N

Shrimp and cycles

Ok lets start this from the top,when rock first hits the water.Its at this moment that amonia begins to form In fact if the rock is good and wet some has already formed.Now the bacteria that feed on amonia find a glut of food,they start to eat and make more bacteria by the millions(this...
  6. N

New but not so new

I am new to this forum but not to reefs or many of there ins and outs.I believe firmly in research.As it says in my profile I have had saltwater tanks since before reef tanks became a reality.I have two tanks sitting here empty,a 65 and a 135.Later this spring I will more than likely start work...