Search results

1. stonedfish

Any one here With A Octopus?

I had one for about a year. I put a piece of blue acrylic an the inside of the tank, on the back. ( what was I thinking?) and he crawled inbetween the 2 pieces, and broke the tank. Theyre really strong. Def the coolest animal Ive ever had. But they have a short life span. THEY WILL GET OUT. I...
  2. stonedfish

Sea Hare question

I got fed up with my hare algae and I got a sea hare. I Had it everywhere also. I know what your talking about with the lps too. They get closed up when the algae grows around them. This thing ate all of it except one little spot. But it cleaned stuff that I didnt think it would touch. I was...
  3. stonedfish

Lighting and Coral Selection

I have two- four bulb setups on my 60 cube. It seemed better when I added the second one. Im running the sundials by current. one cord, built in timers. Change the bulbs though. SPS are growing. Id give it a shot if I were you.
  4. stonedfish

Xenia Deteriorating with pics.. help

Isnt it Ironic that there are so many people on the surrounding posts that cant stop the stuff from growing. I too always loose them. Im now keeping SPS and some acans and stuff. No matter what I do they melt. You should treat yourself to something nice. (not Xenia). Good luck.:hallo:
  5. stonedfish

60 Gallon Cube~

If you can cut a door into the side it would be helpful. I have a 60 cube and I have a hard time working under there. I would go with medium flow, and a heap of cool LPS corals. I am using 8 T5s at the moment and i like it. Cool purchase!
  6. stonedfish

JP's 250

I always wanted to pump new saltwater into my tank directly with a valve or something. I want to automate everything if I could.
  7. stonedfish

6 WPG Too Much???

I put 36 watts over mine. Ive been growwing some awesome hair algae! Good luck with the little tank. Id like to see pics.
  8. stonedfish

Small Acan-Only Tank!

I wouldnt use an old reptile tank for such expensive corals. Doesnt a new one cost like 40 or 50 bucks. Thats the cost of like one polyp! I would try to do it right the first time.
  9. stonedfish

new tank project

Thats the sme tank I have. I love the look of it but its just not long enough IMO. Also I had to put a second fixture on the tank to cover the lighting front to back. Still a great tank. Congrats. Id love to see pics when it is up
  10. stonedfish

Chaeto slowed and also have cyano

At least its only growing in the fuge. Mine did that and then it started picking up again. Good luck.
  11. stonedfish

Poylps Dying! need help... Pics

It looks like they might be annoyed by the stuff thats growing between them. Maybe try to dip/clean them, but be careful.:chainsaw:
  12. stonedfish

API Phosphate Test Color Comparison chart

Everytime ive used that test it never came out any color on the chart.
  13. stonedfish

SOUTHERN CALI Reefers!!!

Im from San Pedro.
  14. stonedfish

100 frags of life....

Where abouts in socal? Im in San Pedro and I need some zoos. Im interested in something orange, red or blue.:redcar:
  15. stonedfish

Tank Covered or not?

OPEN. You lose a fish every once in a while. Jawfish are a no no.
  16. stonedfish

Let's Rock!

Those were the days... Congratulations.
  17. stonedfish

Adding Sand

I used a funnel and a long tube that can reach the bottom. Turn off the powerheads and let it go down slow. I removed a crushed coral sandbed, and replaced it with live sand that way. I had no problems. Good luck.
  18. stonedfish

My 1st Father's Day Gift

Congratulations. I didnt add my first kid until after my cycle completed.
  19. stonedfish

New Tank build update

The new aquascaping looks great. Your gonna be able to fill that up with corals nicely. Are you going to do SPS?
  20. stonedfish

Juice’s 54 Gallon Build

Those hawkfish sure can be mean. And fast too. They sure are entertaining though, good luck with him. I like the look of your tank.:alien: