Search results

1. Jurgy64

yellow belly hippo

I have mine eating the pellets as well as algae strips, I'll go back to using the sea veggies which you do you prefer? I know there are a few different types ( purple / green / red) and do you prefer the strips or flakes. I've only used the strips. Regarding the zooplankton, I use reef...
  2. Jurgy64

yellow belly hippo

brine shrimp (spirulina brine shrimp) twice a week, algae strips (green marine algae) twice a week and then some pellets (spectrum) every other day
  3. Jurgy64

yellow belly hippo

I've had a yellow belly hippo tang for a few months now. The belly has been more of a pale yellow almost white. Does anyone have one of these guys and have nice color? Maybe I need to feed different food, any suggestions.
  4. Acan open at night

Acan open at night

5. Jurgy64

japanese Acanthastrea lordhowensis

now that the lights have turned off the acan has opened up with the inside being a flourecent green with nice long tentacles.
  6. Jurgy64

yeah the looks very similar. He said someone brought a piece over from japan, I don't know if that's true or not.
  7. japanese Acanthastrea lordhowensis

8. Jurgy64

I picked up this coral today. Is anyone familiar with this piece or acans in general they said it was a very rare coral. Hopefully you can all get an idea through the picture, I have a good camera just not to good at grabbing good pics from my reef. It has a red-orange color with small white...
  9. Jurgy64

Koralia pumps

I have 2 koralia pumps and probably been using them for about 3 months approximately. They have been great until recently about a week ago they have been making a lot of noise. I've taken them out cleaned them up periodically. I have no idea what it is and I'm not to happy about it. If...
  10. 72 gallon bow front

72 gallon bow front

11. Duncan

Duncan

A duncan I picked up that I am trying to bring back to good health.
  12. hammer and cup coral

hammer and cup coral

A hammer coral that seems to not stop growing, next to a cup coral I picked up recently that I am trying to have the bottom of the inside grow back again.
  13. Trumpet Coral

Trumpet Coral

A nice colony I have that I split in half and moved the other half to the other side of my tank.
  14. Coral_Banded

Coral_Banded

15. Jurgy64

Has the current economy affected you?

I've been effected, and quite a few of my friends as we are all just out of college and purchased our homes within the past 2 years. I've been looking to relocate from south florida to houston, where I have some family and they aren't really effected. So I'm flying out this weekend to look at...
  16. Jurgy64

Looking for bigger aquarium

I have been looking for 72 x 24 x 24. The hight can be taller but I'm pretty set on the length and depth. The canopy needs to be tall for the halides, as well as easily accessible to maintain the tank. I look at craigslist and ebay daily but haven't come across anything yet.
  17. Jurgy64

Looking for bigger aquarium

Right now I have a 72 bow front, But I'm starting to out grow it and would like to get a 180 - 220 gallon aquarium. If anyone knows of any deals please let me know.. Thanks
  18. Jurgy64

How to catch a fish....

I have a green choris and a dottyback that I am trying to catch in my tank so I can bring in a blue spotted jawfish which I'm supposed to get Thursday. I tried luring them into a plastic jar with some frozen food but honestly they were the only 2 that did not go into it. Anyone have any...
  19. Jurgy64

March '08 Photo Contest

I need to start uploading my pics.. I'm a favorite of all inverts.
  20. Jurgy64

Hydnaphora placement

Did yours keep it's color or did it start to fade, I'm wondering if I should drop it down a few inches. Right now it's up near the top right under a 175mh.