Search results

1. Perin_Ebara

Crab & Snail question

Have any of you had trouble with the Instant Ocean Hydrometer? The store I go to here says that they give false readings. When he compaired three of them to a refractrometer the hydrometers were saying the specific gravity was right on when it was actualy quite high. Can any one back this up?
  2. Perin_Ebara

Crab & Snail question

Thanks for such a fast reply!! Let me make sure I have this correct. No water change till cycle is complete = faster cycle. But might kill living things. Daily water changes might keep every thing living but will prolong the cycle time. If that is the case I'll let the cycle run and have a...
  3. Perin_Ebara

Crab & Snail question

I just started this tank 15 days ago. On the 10th day the heater kicked it. I ran to the LFS and got a new one right away. The tank was without heat over night at least. Ever since then the hermits and snails have not moved. I can see the hermit crabs well enought to tell that they are still...
  4. Perin_Ebara

Ro\di

I have a 35 gallon reef tank with a 14 gallon refug and a 5 gallon sump with in sump skimmer. What size RO\DI will I need? and where is a good place to start looking?
  5. Perin_Ebara

Light fixture shoping

I have a 35 gallon hex tank that is 23" deep and 20" from point to point at the top. I figure that I could fix a fixture that is 14"-15" long nicely. All I can find though is 12", 20", and up. I wnat to go with T5 and keep both softies and LPS. Possibly a clam if it will work. Can any one...
  6. Hex stand refugium and sump drawing

Hex stand refugium and sump drawing

I don't know if this will work. Take a look and let me know what you think.
  7. Perin_Ebara

Sump and refugium question

That is good news. I was hoping something like that would happen.
  8. Perin_Ebara

Ya the name did come from The Wheel Of Time. A friend got me hooked on them and I just liked the name. Thanks for the help to. I am moing into my 1st house on the 1st of march and plan to begin once I get moved in. I'll post more when I can.
  9. Perin_Ebara

I have a 35 gallon hex tank that I am going to make a reef tank. I plan on filtering with live sand, live rock, and a skimmer. I have many many questions but first on my mind is: What size should my sump be? What size should my refugium be? Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fit them...