Search results

1. S

slow growth withmy corals

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------- well i just looked a few pics from years ago. i realized that my coral growth is not that fast. I have talked to othersand we both have pulsing xenia. his grows about twice the rate of mine. I checked trates...
  2. S

what anenome should I buy?

those ofyou with Seabeas.. what areyou feeding them.. i just got one its bleached, but i see some areas where looks like brown is coming back. after i bought it i heard they dont live long in captivity.. ive been feeding it mysis shrimp and shrimp pellets so far about 3 times a weeks. my...
  3. S

skimme for sale?

im looking around and pricing a good used skimmer. I just started a sump and need one to put inside of it becasue my Prisim wont hand on and pump water from sump now. thanks
  4. S

bow front canopy

Does anyone have drawings or plans for a 72gal bowfront canopy? i would like to build one, but dont know where to start.
  5. S

Help me stopp the slurp !

mine had the same problem. i just adjusted the downflow tube a bit to slow the flow. the overflow then kept up and no more noise.
  6. S

rodi troubles

what wwas it?
  7. S

Cyno?

well it is overtaking my GSP and a few xenia. is it bad ? does it mean i have bad water? Lights?
  8. S

Cyno?

just the tds meter.
  9. S

Ro Membrane Help

i c. i thought it had water inside, but it was the outer portion that i see fill with water through the clear plastic. but if water needs to go through to get out then i guess it is pumping good. thanks
  10. S

Cyno?

well ive been using well water and only a DI filter until recently. I have noticed that my rocks have been getting a red alge of sorts. Not the normal floaty red cyno. This is more like a velvet on my rocks only. I used my siphon to get it off and it looked almost like it was a sponge type...
  11. S

Ro Membrane Help

all that really helps alot thanks. last question about it is this. i have a 4 stage and use well water. im not sure what my pressure to the RO unit is, but i have noticed the the water level in the 1st 2 canisters is full. In the 4th stage DI canister though i can only get it to fill 1/2 or...
  12. S

how to get rid of aptasia

i used viniger as well and used 5ml ina syringe. I never saw them again. this was 3 years ago i had 5 all gone in first try. did not affect anything in my tank. www.napavine.org
  13. S

skimmers

well im having same problem now with my Prisim Skimmer. I am not sure about them either but will be watching this post. Also if anyone has ideas with the Prisim let me know as well.
  14. S

aquatraders advice

ok. but what about the lights then. arent PC and MH lights the same everywhere? they have a good one at 750w PC/MH.
  15. S

aquatraders advice

ive been noticing the aquatraders.com website. i see they sell items very cheap. I know that you get what you pay for. but if they are selling lights and skimmers at more than half the normal price, is it too good to be true? Anyone buy from this company? if so are they worth the purchase...
  16. S

Ro Membrane Help

well ive mounted it on my wall above the sink. Its the only place i have rooom for it right now. so i think ill drill into the cabinet and put "T" line with braided hose. Hope that would work. will i still have to cap/close off the drian lines though? doest the filter drain out water.
  17. S

Ro Membrane Help

thanks.. looks easy. but until then.. what about storing my membrane? can i just turn off water and cap off the drain lines?
  18. S

Ro Membrane Help

there is not anyroom for it there. even if i were to put it there.. once i was done i would still have to figure out what to with membrane. could i just cap off the drain lines? how would i "tap " into the braided line?
  19. S

Ro Membrane Help

ok.. i attached my RO 4 stage unit to my sink. Myself and other use this sink for other things so i have to "tear down" the unit when i am done. thing is i use it about 2-3 times a week. so.. can i just unhook hose from unit. cap off outlet hoses, good water and bad water. then put up...
  20. S

looking for canopy

I am looking for a bowfront wood canopy that will fit a 72gal bowfront. anyone?