Search results

1. sambot

Pyramid snails

Man I have been fighting with these nasty little guys. Any suggestions. Sam
  2. sambot

Anyone in Heating/Cooling

Hey dwall174. I am an A/C guy. Those small dehumidifiers will not keep up with that large load. I would consider the HRV/ERV that you posted a link to. (second post). even if you buy a house you can take it with you and hook it into your central hvac system. I know it's pricey but it is the only...
  3. sambot

Please Read

Thoughts and prayers bro.
  4. sambot

Hurricane FRANCES

Hey east coast. Having just gone through Charley here are some things to gather before the storm that helped me alot. 1>touch tone phone with cord. Even though the power was out for six days the phone line at my house still worked. 2>ice may be to late for this one 3>have a meeting place in...
  5. sambot

Charley was here.

thanks pyxis. Now that I have power the fans are keeping the tank around 78. I guess its just a waiting game now. Looks like the corals have shed some of their zooxanthalle. Kind of brownish. Still no ammonia so that is good.
  6. sambot

Surviving Charley

Good I hope it makes it. I'm starting with five hours of mh and ten of actinic. My sister is in Orlando and still has no power. I'm glad yours is back. Good Luck with everything.
  7. sambot

Charley was here.

Playa, Thanks. I am about 10 min. south of punta gorda/port charlotte. I do not have a chiller but I am running fans now. I usually run my halide for 9 hours and pc for 11 hours. I was only doing a 2% water change every other day. I got all the dead snails out but figured there are some I cant...
  8. sambot

Surviving Charley

I feel your pain. How long are you running your lights?
  9. sambot

Charley was here.

Well I just got my power turned on. What a mess. My tank is not happy. South Florida in the middle of summer is a HOT place. Any suggestions on how long I should run my lights tomorow? (water is 87F tonight). I have been doing water changes every other day and had a generator running an air...
  10. sambot

XMs on Crack!!!

Good idea.
  11. sambot

XMs on Crack!!!

Wow, that stinks. Where did you buy them from.
  12. sambot

Need a favour from an American friend

our lfs has ground probes. did you want a ground probe or a gfci? they are two diff. things. I have a paypal act. so i could send you one. Sam
  13. sambot

Questions about color

Check for copper. Just a guess. Do the fish all seem healthy? Are you using ozone?
  14. sambot

What temp??????

Thanks everyone.
  15. sambot

What temp??????

Is anyone running their tank this hot? This article suggests mid to low 80's. http://web.archive.org/web/20001119191900/http:/www.animalnetwork.com/fish2/aqfm/1997/nov/features/1/default.asp
  16. sambot

Photo Critique Thread

is this thread only for tank photos?
  17. sambot

One of My Tanks

Fantastic tank. Keep up the pic's.
  18. sambot

Some of my (mostly zoo) pics.

Hey mane, Great shots. How about a full tank shot, or are you just going to tease us?
  19. sambot

Painting a Reef Scene

That is a great picture. Thanks for sharing.:) :)
  20. sambot

Just posting a link

cool pic's. thanks