Search results

1. jsindorf

New 29g BioCube Reef!

So any other opinion on this hitch-hiker? I think it's either a hairy mushroom of some variety or maybe a Yuma. Thoughts?
  2. jsindorf

New 29g BioCube Reef!

Ok... the fun starts! First, before adding water and after reading tons of posts, I did the following mods: 1) opened up the flow between chambers #1 and #2 using my trusty dremel. 2) removed the false floor in chamber #1 and put a 100w stealth heater in there. 3) removed everything in...
  3. jsindorf

New 29g BioCube Reef!

Ok, so here's how I'm setting it up... 1st chamber - remove false floor and insert heater 2nd chamber - sapphire skimmer 3rd chamber - rio 6hf pump, remove 90 degree elbow in tank - locline - hydorflo on one side of Y and wide fan on the other side in tank - koralia nano pump 34 pounds of...
  4. jsindorf

Upgrade 29g BioCube Pump - Advice Please

I am planning on upgrading the pump in my 29g BioCube. I have read the archives and there are two main pumps which have been used: the Maxi-jet 900 and the Rio 6hf. The Rio seems to have a higher rated output. Beyond that is there any difference? Does one fit better than the other, is...
  5. jsindorf

Chris 29 biocube trials and errors before a 65 G

Beautiful tank - congratulations! I just got a 29g BioCube yesterday -- it's still empty. From your experience, how should I set it up? (what do find works best in each of the three back segments?) Did you upgrade the lighting or the fans? How much extra flow did you add? I see at least...
  6. jsindorf

Pretty Much Sold on Biocube 29

Jeff, nicely done. I just bought a gently used BioCube 29 that I pick up tomorrow. I'm planning out my start up operations, and your story has helped me. What have you ended up with in the three chambers? I think you have the heater in #1, skimmer in #2 and pump in #3. Did you put a...
  7. jsindorf

New 29g BioCube Reef!

Finally... after being an enabler for the past year on my daughter's BioCube 8, I've decided to take the leap myself! I found a listing on craigslist for a BioCube 29 and matching stand used, but in good condition, for just $200 delivered. My LFS sells the same setup for $470 -- so I feel I...
  8. jsindorf

Tori's First Marine Expedition!! nano style!

beautiful shots great job you should be proud
  9. jsindorf

restoration extravaganza!

Have you gotten any other donations?
  10. jsindorf

too bad Tuna are too big for a nano tank that would be a great Charlie
  11. jsindorf

sexy trios??? Kelly, Kris and Sabrina (Charlie's Angels) or maybe that is for the trio of angel fish
  12. jsindorf

I just donated enough for a couple of pep shrimp... come on people, let's help out a college student and her tank
  13. jsindorf

very nice indeed
  14. jsindorf

you should put that great rhodie photo on your laptop as the wallpaper very nice
  15. jsindorf

sweet thanks for the pics... you're getting yourself a reef! nice hairy schroom good job!
  16. jsindorf

new photo please!
  17. jsindorf

I think you just give the email address that you have listed in your PayPal account and then donors put that in the "pay to" field when they donate to the aquarium cause. I'll make a donation when you have it set up.
  18. jsindorf

Biocube Fuge

I have the same submersible light that Leahski has. You can get it at Fountain and Pond Lights for indoor or outdoor lighting It is cheap -- like $10 or so
  19. jsindorf

so... are you needing people with some extra members of a CUC to help clean this tank out?
  20. jsindorf

yep.. the front rock