Search results

1. S

Should i bother?

After setting up a refugium, and just returning from getting chaeto for it, i realized that the "clean" chaeto is full of calpera, is it worth the risk to add the chaeto that is mostly calpera to my refugium? I have been picking it out for the past half an hou and wonder even after i pick it all...
  2. S

JBJ dou wave maker with Korlia 2's?

Has anybody tried this out the JBJ Ocean Pulse - DUO Wavemaker (2 pump Capacity), with two Hydor Koralia 2's? i was wanting to set this up but was wondering if any one has any experience with something similar to this
  3. S

help wth plumbing?

im setting up my refugium and realized that if the return siphon somehow gets blocked the refugium will over flow... is there another way that i should set this up? or is what i have applicable. Also on the return siphon, there is a 1/4" tube connecting to a powerhead to draw out any air in...
  4. S

setting up a refugium, advice needed!!!!

I am Currently setting up a refugium next to my tank, its a ten gallon tank but i need help with what to put in it. I have a penguin 550 pump pumping water in at about 145 gph. I have the water siphoning back into the display from a 1 inch pvc tubing. So now i am stuck with what to load the...
  5. S

IF there is a suspected sea lice in a fishes gill...

does anyone know how to treat suspected sea lice in a fishes gill? at first i thought that part of the fish was diseased, but realized that that something has little feelers that are pulling on the skin of the fish from the gill... everyone that looked at my prior forum said nothing was wrong...
  6. S

help! my striped goby has a gill that has seemed to die...

if you see the white, that is his gill. at first i dint believe it... they i realized that it was. and i another question that i had was, does this look like ich??? for now those are the best photos i can get. if you have any information let me know. tank inhabitance. 2*blue...
  7. S

what do YOU think?

I'm planning on building a refugium under my tank, but then it hit me, i could frag corals and keep them in the refugium till they are esablished. has anyone done this before?
  8. S

whisker/duncan corals

can these corals live/thrive under 4*96 watt PC lighting? i was told from the seller that they would, but i wanted to check it out with all of you on Reef Sanc. so whats your verdict?
  9. S

tear down and rebuild

so this weekend i am planning on taking my whole tank down, giving it a thorough cleaning and replacing the live sand. or lack there of. I was wondering if it is best to get "live" sand, or if i was to get a sugar grain size sand, and use that as my "live sand" i would use some of my old sand...
  10. S

what do think of the refugee?

any recomended pumps sizes? or parts to build this?
  11. S

Any Photographers?

Any body do any photography for fun? Or any professionals on here?
  12. S

seriousl bubble algae.

anyone have recommendations for getting rid of it? this was something i let get out of hand... and now its taken over...
  13. S

pulsing xenia desease?

any body have any idea of why this happened on my pulsing xenia?
  14. S

are bristle worms harmful if swallowed?

so i was moving things around in my tank, and noticed a couple of bristle worms. Stupidly, my goby came out and tried to eat one, i haven't seen him since. would the bite into the worm have killed him? or is he hiding because of the pain?
  15. S

prepping pvc for tank.

does anyone have any certain way to "prepare" pvc before putting it in an established salt water tank? like washing it in a certain solution.
  16. S

is it okay that green chromis chase eachother?

i recently added another green chromis to my tank and they seem to just want to chase each other around. is this ok?
  17. S

my cleaner shrimp has alot of green balls on it

what could these green balls be? there ate literally hundreds on its stomach, it looks likeit might be eggs but i have no clue. ill try to snap some photos
  18. S

sun polyps.

any body have any good suggestions for getting sun polyps to grow, or what their needs are?
  19. S

is it possible

that mysis shrimp can be living in a salt water tank?
  20. S

can phosban

cause water to have a brown tint? or is that the water quality?