Search results

1. S

Vortech Mp20 & Mp40 Groupbuy!

so now that i see it... do you think we can get great prices like these on the new MP10?
  2. S

Vortech Mp20 & Mp40 Groupbuy!

May I find out the Prices as well?....
  3. S

Should i bother?

no a reefer that i met at a store gave me his number and said that he had alot extra because he heard me talking to one of the guys at the LFS about where to find some. what a waste of time. frustration frustration.
  4. S

Should i bother?

thank you, its just a drag that this guy lied to me and that i now have to go find real chaeto
  5. S

Should i bother?

After setting up a refugium, and just returning from getting chaeto for it, i realized that the "clean" chaeto is full of calpera, is it worth the risk to add the chaeto that is mostly calpera to my refugium? I have been picking it out for the past half an hou and wonder even after i pick it all...
  6. S

Koralia 4 sure flow mod

i heard that the motor sometimes starts spinning backwards after being turned off/un-plugged. id be careful of this since it can push more it will defiantly be able to suck anything into it withing 5-6 inches easily.
  7. S

40 tons of contraband coral gets man arrested

the coral wasnt live it was the type used in ca reactors. it was dead and dry when he was arrested.
  8. S

JBJ dou wave maker with Korlia 2's?

Ive decided to save my pretty penny for a vortech mp20, it seems like the best option available and very efficient too. now i just have to wait for my money back from the feds!
  9. S

Cheato question

I say dont do either... If you put it in the skimmer there is a chance that it will clog the outflow and cause water to be pumped out and onto your floor. it can clog or slow the flow so that flooding occurs. im speaking from experience too.
  10. S

Yes cycling again

What kind of water are you using? if its not RO/DI mostlikely things in the water are causing the growth of algae, as far as the cycle starting over im not sure...
  11. S

JBJ dou wave maker with Korlia 2's?

Has anybody tried this out the JBJ Ocean Pulse - DUO Wavemaker (2 pump Capacity), with two Hydor Koralia 2's? i was wanting to set this up but was wondering if any one has any experience with something similar to this
  12. S

Grow out system?

I must say that i have been following this build from day one and was surprised at every detail you put into this. Its such a great set up, you've thought of everything to give these clowns the best chance of life! I think that the coolest thing in your set up is the refugium with all of the...
  13. S

CURRENT SEA 4ch ADJUSTABLE WAVEMAKER PRICE INCLUDES SHIPPING! :P

where are you located? im interested in a wave maker...
  14. S

My zoa garden

What kind of flow do you have running through them?
  15. S

my 90g braceless/framless tank!! 36x24x24"

I like this tank a lot.
  16. S

New 14G BioCube team w/ my 11 year old son

You could but a small ten gallon tank with a hang on back filter, small heater, and a small light to use as the quarantine/ hospital tank. and within the tank you could have various pvc tubing/elbows for hiding spots. it doesn't have to be fancy, just something cheap and effective.
  17. S

setting up a refugium, advice needed!!!!

So before i install my fuge i wanted to know if anyone has put their heater and skimmer in their fuge. I was wanting to do this but decided that i would ask for your opinion/ experiences. would 145 gph be to little of flow to keep the reef at a stable 78 degrees? The tank is about 30 gallons...
  18. S

help wth plumbing?

This has more or less escalated to something very different than what i was inquiring about... 1. I do not have a sump 2. I do not have a lot of money 3. The design from the first post is the way that i have to have the tanks set up. But the way the pump is can be changed. It can be in the...
  19. S

help wth plumbing?

I am saying goodnight for now but hopefully ill have more stuff on here tomarrow/today.. MORNING!!!/goodnight