Search results

1. SaltwaterGeek

Envison Acrylics 150g Tank For Sale In N.C.

James' reputation proceeds himself... Anyone that knows anything about acrylic tanks know he's one, if not the best around. He's made tanks for the N.Y. Aquarium, S. Carolina Aquarium and many others. Tank is brand new. Still has factory protector on outside of glass. For sale is one 48x30x30...
  2. SaltwaterGeek

Refugiums.... Pros/cons???

I talked to Jeff at Life Reef today and he had mentioned that about 50% of his customers use a fuge, while 50% do not. Jeff wouldn't allow himself to make a bias comment about either method, and I understand why. For those aren't familiar with my chronicle, my new project is a SPS tank. With...
  3. SaltwaterGeek

Any Dealings with Life Reef???

I am seriously considering Life Reef: Lifereef Filter Systems to make my custom sump for me. Has anyone on this forum had any experiences good/bad with this company?
  4. SaltwaterGeek

Sequence Dart / Oceans Motions 4-way???

I am trying to finalize the designs for my custom stand, but I need to iron out a few more important details.... Can anyone tell me what the overall footprint (L,W,H) of a Sequence Dart and a Motions Oceans 4-way mounted on it?? I know the Dart is 11x7x7.... Just need to know how big the OM...
  5. SaltwaterGeek

Need An ID, Please....

I was feeding tonight, and I noticed something squirming around just beneath my plate coral. So I lift up the coral thats on the sand bed, and I see something that I can only associate as a worm of some sort. Almost like a bloodworm that you would use for fishing except more translucent. Below...
  6. SaltwaterGeek

Here's a dumb question....

I'm almost curtain I already know the answer, but..... When installing threaded plumbing located inside the tank, (under water) is there any need to use teflon tape??
  7. SaltwaterGeek

Coral 4 Sale... Raleigh, NC Area...

Hello everyone... If you haven't been up to date on my chronicle, I plan to make my new tank SPS, therefore, there are some coral that I won't be putting in the new tank once its completed... So why not start looking for some good homes now? All the below corals are healthy and are in as...
  8. SaltwaterGeek

Duncan's Corals... Growing Like A Weed!!!

I had bought a 3 headed piece from the LFS about 2 months ago. I've been target feeding it every other day with cyclopees, and now its has 13! I didn't realize that Duncan's have the ability to grow that quickly. Just thought I would share that...
  9. SaltwaterGeek

Yellow Scroll issues...

I have a yellow scroll that has been in the tank for about 2-3 months. Up until recently the polyps have been out and it seemed to be doing nicely. About 5 days ago the polyps recessed. Normally I wouldn't be worried if it happened for 2-3 days as corals do weird things sometimes, but after 5-7...
  10. SaltwaterGeek

Ricordea Yuma questions...

I have a small 2 polyped Red Yuma, and I noticed today that one of the heads has detached itself from the live rock it was mounted on and has moved to another location. Is this normal behavior or is something wrong?
  11. SaltwaterGeek

Water Temerature....

In a tank with softies and fish, what would be the highest temperature that could safely be reached and maintained for a duration of time without harm being done?
  12. SaltwaterGeek

OT: How Bout Dem Giants......

WOW!:winner:
  13. SaltwaterGeek

Digital Testing...

I'm familiar with Pinpoint products, but is there any other companies worth mentioning?
  14. SaltwaterGeek

SPS Corals & Fish...

Over the course of the next 6 months or so, I plan on building a new (my first) custom SPS tank. Along with expanding my knowledge not only on tank set up, SPS coral, and equipment, I also would like to explore the possiblilites of fish that can easily coencide within an SPS tank. Can the...
  15. SaltwaterGeek

Blueberry Gorgonian Issues...

I bought this blueberry about 3 weeks ago. When I first put it into the tank it responded immediately and opened all of its polyps all day for a few days straight. Since then they have been closed. I thought it might have been a flow issue, so after observing it for a few days, I decided to...
  16. SaltwaterGeek

Omni Flex Nozzles vs. Loc-Line

I hear a lot of good things about both. I'm sure most is just personal preference, but is one actually better than the other???
  17. SaltwaterGeek

Sequence Dart... Will It Be Enough???

Will a Sequence Dart be enough to adequately turn over a closed loop system for a 150g SPS tank? They say that its rated for 3600 gph. When its installed it will have about 2-3 feet of head. If I'm not mistaken, I have to deduct 100g per foot of head, right? If that figure is correct...
  18. SaltwaterGeek

My 120g Acrylic Tank Chronicle

Well ladies and gentlemen... I've finally came to a decision. I'm going to go acrylic. I've checked, and re-checked, and every pro points to acrylic.... except the possibilities of scratching (or definitive probability). Its lighter, stronger, clearer, virtually seamless, and cheaper to ship. As...
  19. SaltwaterGeek

Envision Acrylic Tanks....

Does anyone on this forum have one built by James @ Envision? If so, what is your overall thoughts of the finished product, and could you post some pics?
  20. SaltwaterGeek

Glass vs. Acrylic

I'm very aware of the qualities and reasons for choosing a glass tank... But what if any, are the pro's to having one made in acrylic?