Search results

1. Wolfgang8810

Probe diameter for probe holder?

Good Afternoon, I'm currently working on a project to build my own probe holder. Unfortunately I cant seem to find any diameters of probes online. Would anyone be able to share what the estimated diameter of your probes might be. Thank you in advance. Wolfie.
  2. Wolfgang8810

Wolfgangs 50 gallon adventure.

Earlier this week my Aquapod decided it was time to start leaking. After going through my options I came to one that I was happy with. Moving everything in the 24 to the 50. This included selling my freshwater fish cleaning the tank rediculously well, filling the tank with water then as you...
  3. Wolfgang8810

Harlequin shrimp maybe????

I ahve the perfect setup fro some harlequin shrimp untill I realised that they only eat starfish. My tank has rediculous amounts of starfish all smaller than a dime Astrea Stars. Will they eat these or do they only like a particular kind?
  4. Wolfgang8810

Mushroom Doom. Please help

Bought two large shrooms that were spreading over two rocks. On putting them i the tank the rocks slipped and ripped the shrooms. They didn't rip completely but there is a hole in them now. I have been fragging purposefully for years now but nohting like this has happened before to me. It...
  5. Wolfgang8810

Night pictures

Tonight I decided to goof around with a flashlight and my camera. I have the whole lid of my tank covered in egg crate so I just turned the flashlight on and set it on top then took pictures through the front. Im fairly happy with this little experiment. What do you think? Tips and tricks?
  6. Wolfgang8810

Purple Deaths and Neuclear greens

Just went to my LFS and they had these two frags in. They didn't know what they had I would assume because I got away with 3 heads of purple death for $20 and The nuclear greens They must have known because they set me back $40 Here are some pictures. Let me know what you think :-)
  7. Wolfgang8810

20" Sunpod for sale!

Im looking to sell my 20" sunpod will accommodate up to a 24" tank. 150watt 14k Halide. New bulb. Asking $250. Used less than 6 months. Reason for selling: Upgraded from the 24 gallon tank to a 90 gallon tank. Tearing down the 24 gallon. PM if interested.
  8. Wolfgang8810

Buying from egDevilboy!

I Just purchased some Devils Armor Pallys from Robb (egDevilboy) and I have nothing but good things to say. His communication was outstanding and The Pallys were even better. Robb's method of packaging was second to none, included a heat pack and must have used 25feet of bubble wrap. The coarl...
  9. Wolfgang8810

Before and After tank crash.

So according to the title My reef tank did crash a while ago. I have been very depressed about the hobby in general and let the tank go pretty much. Now im looking to get back into the reefing hobby and I need expert guidance. First some pictures. Before After I am NOT proud of this nor...
  10. Wolfgang8810

Lighting upgrade?!

So I'm thinking its time to upgrade the lights on my 90 gallon tank. Ill start off saying that I am not planning for any high light coral such as acros or birdsnests. I will However be doing a lot of softies, mushrooms, LPS, and some SPS such as Monti caps. Should i go with this 8 X 54 OR...
  11. Wolfgang8810

Welcoming an new addition :-)

I Have been gone for quite a while because aftermy Reef tank crash then my 90 gallon ick outbreak I was very depressed about the hobby in general. But Today I treated myself to a new addition to my 90 gallon. It has been more than 5 months since the outbreak and its about time I have more than a...
  12. Wolfgang8810

tang and blenny not eating

I have had my Kole tang for about 2 weeks now and also my lawnmower blenny. The first week i let them pig out on my HA that was growing in my tank but now im starting to see that algae disappear and im trying to switch them to marine algae you put in the clips. I have been putting it in and...
  13. Wolfgang8810

Blue Spot Jawfish or EEL?

Just crated the whole top of my tank and im trying to decide between a BSJF or a snowflake eel. The tank is going to be a reef tank including SPS LPS softies and zoos after i upgrade my light. And it has a 5'' CC bed. so what is your vote? BSJF Or EEL
  14. Wolfgang8810

pictures from the tank im sitting

It is a 120G FOWLR tank. I think its really awesome! Stock lion fish (glenda) Zebra Moray (dundee) Snowflake eel (houdini) 2 one spot fox fish (fox and Hound) a few frog fish (really wierd) 1 chromis (bait) picture time. they onlt have a 72'' actinic light. it ilooks good though Here is...
  15. Wolfgang8810

pleas ehelp clown in over flow

my maroon clown has somehow ended up in my overflow chamber. He is still alive what should i do?!
  16. Wolfgang8810

duncan placment?

I just got a single head of duncan coral and it is opening up but the tentacles are staying bulbous and not long and flowy. It is placed in the lower middle area of my tank ( I have a 150 watt MH) and i would say it is getting low to med flow. Ill post a picture when i get home
  17. Wolfgang8810

some pics fo my clowns hosting my torch coral

I have had these two clowns for 8 months now. they are really the life of my tank. The black one bites me from time to time but i think hes just reminding me to wear my gloves. :-) I do have a question too. What are the black spots on my orange clown? they are NOT raised they appear to be...
  18. Wolfgang8810

Stocking list help

Well its getting to that time where it is safe for me to add fish to my 90 gallon tank (110 with sump) and im trying to both finalize my stocking list (these will be added over the course of months) Please give suggestions and reasons why. Also what order they should be added in. Here goes. a...
  19. Wolfgang8810

Driving up to Coral Corral

Driving to tampa to meet tippman (Daniel) for a frag swap then browsing the store. Ill bring some pictures back of the action. A store lit only with solaris is going to be a sight to see :). Ill post back when i get home. See ya! :redcar: Mark
  20. Wolfgang8810

making a phosban reactor.

Hello everyone I am thinking about making a phosban reactor for my new 90 gallon tank and i was wondering how big a pump i would need to make this diagram functional also how big should the media chambers be? The nitrate remover would most likley be used with AC not actual nitrate remover but...