Shaun's 2000 Litre (530 USG) Living Reef & Red Sea Max S 650 LED Design & Build

SPR

Someone asked me for an up to date stocking list of fish so here it is. A couple are missing presumed eaten by the crabs so.... the 2 missing tangs I think we’re bullied by the other fish and I haven’t added anymore. The tank is established now with territories marked out, food sources protected, so any new additions have a hard time.

Regal Angelfish
Flame Angel
Coral Beauty
Yellow Tang
Regal Tang
Purple Tang
Chevron Tang
Freckle Face Tang
Kole Tang
Tomini Tang
Blue Eyed Tang - missing
Vampire Tang - missing
Blonde Naso Tang
Pair of Blue Throat Triggers that have spawned on at least 2 occasions
Pair of clown fish
Magnificent Foxface
Laboute Wrasse - missing
Lineatus Fairy Wrasse
Yellow Wrasse
1 Yellow Goby
Royal Gamma
Starry Blenny
5 Green Chromis
5 Azure Damsels
7 Lyretail Anthias
Neon Dottyback

I don’t think I’ve forgotten anyone!

Last edited:

Nobbygas

Someone asked me for an up to date stocking list of fish so here it is. A couple are missing presumed eaten by the crabs so.... the 2 missing tangs I think we’re bullied by the other fish and I haven’t added anymore. The tank is established now with territories marked out, food sources protected, so any new additions have a hard time.

Regal Angelfish
Flame Angel
Coral Beauty
Yellow Tang
Regal Tang
Purple Tang
Chevron Tang
Freckle Face Tang
Kole Tang
Tomini Tang - missing
Vampire Tang - missing
Blonde Naso Tang
Pair of clown fish
Magnificent Foxface
Laboute Wrasse - missing
Lineatus Fairy Wrasse
Yellow Wrasse
1 Yellow Goby
Royal Gamma
Starry Blenny
5 Green Chromis
5 Azure Damsels
7 Lyretail Anthias
Neon Dottyback

That's a nice list. I think you still need a Female Leopard Wrasse though. Mine gets all the attention from visitors....and a Tamarin Wrasse...and a second Yellow Tang wouldn't go amiss either.

Reactions: SPR

SPR

I think I have finally found the green star poly ‘murderer’ that’s taken over from the menace of the Asterina starfish.

I’ve been watching ‘the accused‘ for the last few days and having stripped the coral from the centre the tank it’s now making a meal of the rest.......

7518881088_IMG_1245.jpg7518881088_IMG_1251.jpg7518881088_IMG_1238.jpg

What me!!! Lol

7518881088_IMG_1243.jpg

SPR

Here’s a little lesson as to why you should check parameters at least every 7 days.

My last test was 2nd December for foundation elements and I missed last Sunday as time goes by and the tank runs itself with dosing etc so all will be well....

I use the Kamoer auto doser and around 2nd December I was checking all the tubes were running and doing a few adjustment doses to make sure.

I left the doser in adjustment dose mode without even thinking. Well, with the Kamoer and this isn’t in the instructions, I guess if you don’t come out of ‘adjustment mode’ it stays there. And basically doesn’t dose anything!

So I tested today, calcium was a bit low at 405 but alkalinity was at 5.2 dKH and I tested it twice. I could tell something was off with the colour of the Hanna reagents!

It’s funny because I had been looking at the montipora corals rampaging and they had gone slightly pale/white bits

Anyway I’ve topped the alkalinty up and will test a few times over the next few days to make sure it’s back to normal.

So there is a lesson learned............

emvanburen

Regal Angelfish
Flame Angel
Coral Beauty
Yellow Tang
Regal Tang
Purple Tang
Chevron Tang
Freckle Face Tang
Kole Tang
Tomini Tang
Blue Eyed Tang - missing
Vampire Tang - missing
Blonde Naso Tang
Pair of clown fish
Magnificent Foxface
Laboute Wrasse - missing
Lineatus Fairy Wrasse
Yellow Wrasse
1 Yellow Goby
Royal Gamma
Starry Blenny
5 Green Chromis
5 Azure Damsels
7 Lyretail Anthias
Neon Dottyback

Wow. That’s a full full house!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SPR

Great looking tank, like the way you have built up over the years. Are you keeping your 260 if not I live in the UK , if you are any pics?

Found your thread very helpful in deciding on the ATM product range.
Thanks for stopping by Nic and thank you. I don’t have the E260 anymore

I built the rock work up, basically so I could have more corals as the system developed.