Matted filefish, suggestions

ssagar

Hi, I have a 24inch cube reef tank containing mushrooms, zoas and lps. And i can see that a few aptasia that I left unchecked has starting taking hold of the tank and has spread to a level that is very different to take care manually. So I am planning to introduce a matted filefish but unable to decide if that would be a good move or not?? Kindly suggest so that I can decide accordingly.

Sent from my ASUS_X00TD using Tapatalk

Nobbygas

I will be doing the same. I've tried Aipstasia X, and that has just made things worse. I've tried Peppermint Shrimp, but they just ended up as a tasty snack for the fish. So, it's a Filefish next for me. As always, you can never predict what they will do. They will get rid of the Aips, but they may decide to chomp on something else, or they may not........you just roll the dice....

Nobbygas

What kind of wrasses? If you have any Halichoeres or Pseudocheilinus genus wrasses, the nudibranch is toast. Flasher/fairy wrasses might leave them alone.
Blimey. There you go, getting me all confused with these latin names! I have Melanurus, Banana, Tamarin, Leopard and a 'don't know' (?) wrasse, which is why I don't think the Nudi's will work.

The 'don't know' wrasse is weird. When I bought it, it was small and green and sold to me as a Green Wrasse. However, as it has grown the green has gone and it is basically just one colour, which is a whitish/silver colour. It is now about 10cms long and getting bigger. I can't seem to find any pictures online that look like it.

Humblefish

Blimey. There you go, getting me all confused with these latin names! I have Melanurus, Banana, Tamarin, Leopard and a 'don't know' (?) wrasse, which is why I don't think the Nudi's will work.

The 'don't know' wrasse is weird. When I bought it, it was small and green and sold to me as a Green Wrasse. However, as it has grown the green has gone and it is basically just one colour, which is a whitish/silver colour. It is now about 10cms long and getting bigger. I can't seem to find any pictures online that look like it.

Yeah, a nudi would have no chance against those wrasses. Especially the Mel & Banana.

Nobbygas

Time for an update on my Filefish. My Aips were getting more and more, spreading everywhere. Since I introduced the Filefish there has been a huge reduction in them. I count now about four or maybe five left in the tank. It's just a matter of time before the Filefish finds them. He is doing a fantastic job.
Not all heroes wear capes !