My new 500max led build

Whitey1973

I'm after a had web cam that will link to apex fusion if anyone knows of a good one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Improvize

Currently I have filter socks and have filter wool where my carbon should be, if not changed it can make the water back up, yes I know your going to tell me to stop being lazy but I just fancy one of these that automatically advances when the flow drops, it's not that I need one it's just that I need to feed my spending addiction [emoji23]

I didn't realise my carbon was clogged and my water backed up to the filter sock level in the whole rest of the sump!!! Thank goodness I have 650 litres of water as the salinity only dropped from 1.026 to 1.025! I have moved my carbon now so it's just in the main part of the sump. I have Poly Filter in the carbon compartment instead.

I'm getting new carbon and will be changing my filter socks to acrylic chambers and putting the carbon in there with poly filter at the bottom. That way there's no issue about clogging.

I have 2 sand sifting star fish as well as some sand dwelling fish so I've given up on trying to have crystal clear water and cleaning out filter socks.

SPR

I'm after a had web cam that will link to apex fusion if anyone knows of a good one

Ive got a 'Canary HD' camera pointing at tank - works a treat and its plug and play and comes through to my iPhone etc.

Its not the cheapest but....

Nobbygas

Ive got a 'Canary HD' camera pointing at tank - works a treat and its plug and play and comes through to my iPhone etc.

Its not the cheapest but....
I've been looking at the Canary, but I may just go with something else. I understand you have to pay more to get the required storage for the Canary? I'm reading something about paying 15 quid a month?
I have a NAS (Network Attached Storage) in the house which comes with Software/Licences to run some IP cameras, and as it has 9TB of Storage it would be ideal. I may go down that route, but the Canary does look nice.

Improvize

I have a NAS (Network Attached Storage) in the house which comes with Software/Licences to run some IP cameras, and as it has 9TB of Storage it would be ideal. I may go down that route, but the Canary does look nice.

Sounds like the Synology with Surveillance Station. I have that same setup (although with 30tb storage) for my security CCTV. Started with the two included licences then bought more after testing. I use the Hikvision HD PoE cameras at the moment although with the advances of wifi in recents years I may be cutting my cords soon. Just not the ones to my NAS! Got to have the 4 x 1Gb cables plugged in and teamed, to my switch then to my Ubiquiti wifi router for streaming by multiple people in the house at once.

Anyway, get some cameras and try the Synology... I don't think you're be disappointed. Oh, for watching externally to your network, you'll need to setup NAT forwarding in your router and know you public IP address.

(yes, IT is my expertise - happy to help anyone that needs it as I'm new to reefing so here to leverage your reef expertise) :)

SPR

I've been looking at the Canary, but I may just go with something else. I understand you have to pay more to get the required storage for the Canary? I'm reading something about paying 15 quid a month?
You only need to pay if you want more than 24 hours storage, which I don't for what I use it for. It's designed as a security system rather than to watch fish tanks lol!

Nobbygas

Sounds like the Synology with Surveillance Station. I have that same setup (although with 30tb storage) for my security CCTV. Started with the two included licences then bought more after testing. I use the Hikvision HD PoE cameras at the moment although with the advances of wifi in recents years I may be cutting my cords soon. Just not the ones to my NAS! Got to have the 4 x 1Gb cables plugged in and teamed, to my switch then to my Ubiquiti wifi router for streaming by multiple people in the house at once.

Anyway, get some cameras and try the Synology... I don't think you're be disappointed. Oh, for watching externally to your network, you'll need to setup NAT forwarding in your router and know you public IP address.

(yes, IT is my expertise - happy to help anyone that needs it as I'm new to reefing so here to leverage your reef expertise) :)
I'm an IT man as well :yup: I have a QNAP 12TB NAS running raid 5, so I have 9TB usuable. I also have a Surveillance Station although I've not set-up any CCTV yet, although it is something I plan to do at some point for the outside of the house. I also have a Gigaswitch box, so I'm all ready to go, just need some cameras!
I get my new PC delivered tomorrow, so I'll need to get that up and running first.

Whitey1973

Well you've dropped yourself in it now haven't you, I'm no where when it comes to IT so brace yourselves for questions [emoji23][emoji23]

I brought 6 pairs of redsea 100 micron filter socks at the weekend, yes it's a pain I'm having to change them ever couple of days but boy my water is like Gin!!!

Reactions: SPR

Whitey1973

Not posted for a little while so here I am, I decided to move my scape about today and add some more rock
dc9e6c9ff35a7b723e16bcb76cf53f13.jpg

It's starting to take shape now a bit I think but just means I've now got more bloody room to spend on corals[emoji23]
So I took a trip to my local LFS for a bit of retail therapy...... and sorry Nobbygas but there was a female blue throat trigger just the right size for my male!!!! So that just seemed to find its way in my shopping bag
2574828a5001127becd061bfc69e1199.png

You really need to catch up[emoji23]
9564635dee42477bc19350901f87d5f7.png

These 4 scan frags managed to jump in there also!!!!
And there was a lovely Kuiters wrasse that I simply had to have,
bb09301e7e920af2c56141ed5a609fd2.jpg

I lost my male Lyretail about 3 weeks ago, really don't know why, waters all good he was feeding ok, just woke up one morning and there he was being eaten by 3 of my hermits!!! What's interesting to see develop is one of the females starting to change

Whitey1973

Just a little update, I've been struggling with my SPS corals, all my water parameters are good and I'm dosing alkalinity and calcium and every think is nice and stable, I think my tank is to immature so I've decided to stick with the LPS and softies, so had another move around in the tank to accommodate my new purchases
30f1b22df30659f28073c7af17b83673.jpg
ab5fae0b3e519e48f902eee6e1798f78.jpg
6bb8302b1fe15edfef54f7e3923c5795.jpg

0a509c5191f3f45a34ba6d72d510da0e.png

My Lyretail is also showing more signs of changing, not the best picture but the colour of it fins are starting to change and the orange is starting to darken to the purple