Lights while I'm gone

dbetts

So I am leaving for the weekend and I don't have my lights on a controller yet (it's my next purchase, but I don't have the money right now). I was wondering what would be the best thing for me to do with them while I can't manually control them? My tank is across the room from a large sliding door that if I left the blinds open, the sun could hit the tank in the morning. But it goes away around 10 am. The only coral I have is GSP and one finger leather. Any suggestions?

Squatch XXL

The ONLY real great feature of the generic lights I have is that they have a few built in timers, but only one plug. It makes automation as simple as possible.

dbetts

Or plug into a simple lamp timer and set the sched...
Unfortunately I don't have one, and I was leaving directly after work (no time to go to store). I didn't plan very well! :(

I just let it be while I was gone, and when I got back, the tank was great! I had been trying to get rid of some hair algae for a while and these couple days of no light actually got rid of it. So I was pretty happy. My next investment is going to be the timer that goes with the light I have. Thanks for the ideas everyone!