Custom Aquariaum H2o overflows

cracker

Anybody familiar with these overflows? Could be a way around decent overflows on a tank with tempered bottom glass. I understand they are designed for freshwater tanks. Think there is enough surface skimming on a 75 gl Thanks

DaveK

I haven't seen them, but this is a small operation. It looks like a decent product, but still involves drilling the tank. I do like how it takes up very little space inside the tank.

I don't see this as being a quantum improvement over what is currently out there. Compare it to any other solution where you need to drill the tank.

Yes, there will be enough surface skimming. You actually need very little area to do that. You do need quite a bit to maintain the water flow.

I don't see any issue with running it on a SW tank. Of course you do need to keep it clean, and cleaning coraline algae from it could be a lot of work, but you'll get that with any overflow.

cracker

Thanks dave. I'm considering setting up the 75 All Glass. I don't want to drill holes thru the back install internals etc. I could always use the external utube boxes I have. I don't need to drill the 75. I don't need another tank. But One knows how this hobby is addictive!

DaveK

If you don't want to drill the tank, get a Lifereef overflow. Yes, they cost about twice as much as those commonly sold "famous brand" ones. However the Lifereef is not prone to creating floods due to inherent design defects.

cheechako

Here's a video of my H2Overflow running as I was putting my 75 gallon tank together. The store where I bought the aquarium had the hole saw and template for it, so easy-peazy! I've been really pleased with the overflow. Having a gate valve is key- I can make very small adjustments to get the water level precisely where I want it.