Recent content by zjsm36

1. Z

New Lights Stressing Fish

Thanks for getting on board, Lee. I had the fish for about 8 months. Its size was around 6". I'll see if I can find my most recent picture of the fish. The diet was red seaweed, garlic soaked, fed on a clip every other day. Also, the fish liked to eat at the pellet food and mysis...
  2. Z

Yes. All the other fish were treated in the QT tank before added the display tank. There was no other stress in the tank that I could see. The other fish in the tank were all healthy and not acting aggressive towards one another.
  3. Z

I have an established reef tank. My water parameters are all within normal limits. I recently changed out my light bulbs. I have a 75 gallon tank with 2X150W MHI and 2X96W actinics. Within a few days after changing out the light bulbs my powder blue tang died. This fish was very healthy...
  4. Z

Bonggai Cardinal

I bought a group of 3 of them over the summer. Within a few months all 3 of them died. I think they died from stress of my pseudochromis bothing them. But it never seemed to be excessive. My pseudochromis is sort of annoying. I had no idea how territorial they could be even in a 75 gallon...
  5. Z

How Often to Replace Light Bulbs?

You all are some dedicated reefers, with changing the Halides every 6-8 months. Those are some expensive bulbs!!! Is there any literature links you all could point me in so I could learn more about this? Thanks for all the replies.
  6. Z

Thanks for the info on the PC. I guess I have noticed alittle bit of a color change in the bulb from a purple to a pink color. How long should I wait until I replace the metal halide? Also, where is some literature on bulb replacement? I've read the sticky about light bulbs. But haven't...
  7. Z

My light bulbs are over a year old. I haven't noticed any problems with the bulbs. All the corals still seem to be thriving and growing, as well as my anemones. How long should I wait to replace my Metal Halide bulbs? (2 x 150w 10k) How long should I wait to replace my power compact...
  8. Z

Seeking advice on damsels fish

I have thought about getting rid of the pseudochromis. Its gonna be a pain in the ass to catch the little thing and remove it. I have a good relationship with my LFS they would probobly take it. As for the rock arrangement, I did that last month for cleaning reasons. However, the bangai...
  9. Z

Seeking advice on damsels fish

I have a 75gal reef tank set up. I am wanting to add a small group of fish to the tank, like 3-5 of the same species. My tank is about 1 year old and is well maintained. At the moment all the fish get along well and have no territorial issues. Current fish: Powder Blue Tang, Clarki Clown...
  10. Z

Looking for suggestions

I had a 28 gallon, that sounds much like your specs of fish. I had a flame angel in mine. I couldn't have been happier. Its a beautiful fish and never bothered any of my corals. I think you won't regret getting a flame angel. I've upgraded to a 75 gallon tank and still have the same flame...
  11. Z

Bubble Coral Receding

I've never seen that brand. My LFS carries Oceanic and Instant Ocean. Does Petsmart carry this brand? If not, I dont think I'll be able to get the mix.
  12. Z

Bubble Coral Receding

I'll do the water changes and stop dosing. Can I keep adding the Fuel by Aquavitro?
  13. Z

Cloudy Eye on Mandarin Goby

Also, the fish is new to the show tank. Hopefully this is the stressor. But, I'll work on the suggestions.
  14. Z

Cloudy Eye on Mandarin Goby

Thanks lee. Just out of curiosity, how do you tell the difference b/w a bacterial infection and flukes?
  15. Z

Bubble Coral Receding

Tx for the replies. So I've turned the coral upright, now the bubbles are facing upward towards the light. The temp has been turned down to about 78-80. I'll slow down on the Ca2+ supplement as well (Aquavitro Calcification is what I use). Seasalt mix is usually InstantOcean. Most...