Recent content by zippyjr

1. Z

Colt coral

Hi I just got a colt coral today. I did everything the LFS told me to do. I placed it on the sand bed and it decided to float around the tank,finally it land back on the sand bed between the front glass and a few rocks, question is is that ok for it to be so close to the glass? also it's not on...
  2. Z

Pulsing xenia detatching from rock help

I'm not sure if it's because of the blower, but it's hanging by a string. What can I do to help it? Thanks Rose
  3. Z

Red Slime!!!!!

Alright so far my tank has been wonderful and now .... RED SLIME .... well right now the red slime is only on the rocks and i bought the med"RED SLIME REMOVER" and it is going to turn my tank yellow ... well is there anything else i should do ... do i turn off lamps ... what should i expected...
  4. Z

55 gal. and 29 gal. questions????

We are going to get live rock , we have live sand also. We are thinking about getting some mushrooms,frogspawn, ricordia, feather duster,anemone(maybe)candy cane coral,button polyp these are what we have seen and liked not sure which to get, need to read about them. We did get a pulsing...
  5. Z

55 gal. and 29 gal. questions????

Hello everyone, I was wondering how much water flow is needed in the 55 gal. tank. We have the xp2 filter, and a maxi- jet wavemaker model 900. Is that enough water movement? For my birthday my sister gave me a 29 gal. tank and we want to make it into a saltwater tank she also got me a...
  6. Z

Nova Extreme T5 Ho?!?!

Thank you They are all on independent switches and power cords, the timer should be coming soon. About the lunars do you turn them off or let them run all night? Thanks again, Rose
  7. Z

Nova Extreme T5 Ho?!?!

I have it set up, I was woundering about the timing. How long should each light be on. It has 4 lunar, 2 x 54w 10,000K and 2 x 54w 460NM lights. I have a timer coming later this week. Thank you Rose
  8. Z

Nova Extreme T5 Ho?!?!

For my birthday my daughter bought me the NOVA T5 light.... Well it did not come with any true directions(Just How To Instail It)!! So if anyone ... ANYONE at all knows about this light and knows how to work with it... please write me on here or e-mail me! Thank you Rose
  9. Z

Supplements?

We are about 45 min. to an 1 hr. away. Which ones have you used? I did recieve a catalog in the mail the other day which is Dr. Foster & Smith I've ordered from them for my dogs but haven't for my fish tank. We are still trying to decide on which lighting to get. We need better lights. I'll...
  10. Z

Supplements?

ok,thank you here are a few questions which may seem kinda dumb, but what is SPS? also when doing a water change you dont add any more salt right? or do you? No one informed us on that either. And how much water do you change at a time? we have a 55 gallon tank. I wish we had a better pet store...
  11. Z

Supplements?

What is kalkwasser?
  12. Z

Supplements?

I was wondering what supplements do we need to put in our saltwater tank?No one told us this needed to be done. There is a lot to learn!!! Thanks Rose
  13. Z

Hey All ...

These little guys are hard to catch, I'm going to keep trying and they said they would take them back if I can catch them. thanks Rose
  14. Z

Hey All ...

well we would like to have some of the following (maybe in time) some anemones not sure which ones,feather dusters,some soft coral, starburst polyp coral, button polyp, ast. mushroom corals, there are many things that we would like to have but we have to get more info. on these plus make sure...
  15. Z

Hey All ...

for filtration we went with the RENA filstar canister filter the xp2, the man at the pet store said it would work the best for us, I hope he was right. No protein skimmer yet, they said that I did not need one until a little later when we get more things in our tank. As for lights we are not...